Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Sunday May, 29th's VA Beach In-Store Event #126691 05/31/05 10:05 PM
Bigbird Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
Sunday was an interesting day altogether from the 3 totes and a fourth on wheels that we towed into the mall with all of my lighthouses which got us stopped by mall security and alot of stares, to trying to tow an extra 2 LH's out that I bought and the one my girlfriend bought plus hers wrapped in bubble wrap, since she discarded the boxes (since she says she's not selling hers), in a clothes basket sitting on top of my three totes riding on an appliance dolly on top of my boxes (which happened to be uneven due to the various sizes of boxes) pulled behind us like a wagon with a rope, until the clothes basket slipped off WASTING her Haig Point!! eek shocked mad I told her she should've paid more attention (and hind site being 20/20 actually should've carried hers out to her car then came back and helped me instead of dodging pedestrians and...), but she was about in tears, so I bought a third one...another Haig point!! :rolleyes: I'm having the worst luck with these things lately!! confused Besides, it did happen trying to help me get mine out the store. frown
Glad we won't have to do THAT again!!

Anyway, the crowd was not up to last year, but was decent for a Memorial Day weekend I guess; didn't really notice how many were there. Bill was signing the pieces in his HL 2005 reunion, collector-autographed shirt, and signed all of mine (except for Long Beach Bar - which I still haven't gotten back yet). I bought the event piece and West Point, Canada, and my girlfriend bought the GLOW of Cape Lookout.

My collection (with my girl's 5) took up 90% of the table in the picture, and they had a pretty good selection that they were trying to sell at the event. They had Bill sign them all before he left.

The door prizes were a tee-shirt, a print of Bass Harbour Head, a cobalt-blue coffee mug, a LL of 14' Bank, the gold piece, three full size lights (Tucker's Island, Kenosha, WI, and Point Iriquois), a CG Patrol Boat...is that it?? I think so except for the Chesapeake Lighthouse Society had a #10 Sand Island, AL (which Bill said Kim must've "stolen") that they raffled off for the USLHS raising around $85!!

Last year, we both won key chains and I won a paperback of the Hudson River LH's; this year, not JACK!!! :rolleyes: The lady that won the gold replica and (I think) the one that one the t-shirt were the only one's that won and won only one thing. Everyone else won two to three times (including the guy that won the raffle!! mad

Well, except for the not winning ANYthing, and havinng to buy another Daufuskie, I guess it was not to bad a day at the Sandollar In-Store Event, 2005.

Steve

Health through education, for a much misguided nation!!
Re: Sunday May, 29th's VA Beach In-Store Event #126692 05/31/05 10:50 PM
Bigbird Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
Oh yeah, my girlfriend helped jog my memory; they also gave away one of those crystal ornament "enhancers" and 3 or 4 of the fresnel ornaments. I think that's it.

Steve

Re: Sunday May, 29th's VA Beach In-Store Event #126693 05/31/05 10:56 PM
Bigbird Offline OP
Wacko
OP Offline
Wacko
Here are some images . . .

All mine!!! (except for 15 or 20)

Bill starts his rounds...

The Perfect #10!

The more you buy, the better your chances for getting GOLD!! Unless your me frown

Bill's Reunion collector's item (shirt).

edited to repair links...Dave

Re: Sunday May, 29th's VA Beach In-Store Event #126694 06/01/05 12:34 AM
Bill and Judy Offline
Super Wacko
Super Wacko
Cool shirt!
Judy

Re: Sunday May, 29th's VA Beach In-Store Event #126695 06/01/05 01:58 AM
Shortcake Offline
Cruise Director
Cruise Director
Great pics Steve. Thanks for the report. It's always good to hear first hand reports of a signing event. Wether the reporter is a winner or not. Better luck next time!

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.

Moderated by  Dave H 

Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics16,980
Posts184,643
Members2,583
Most Online10,155
Jan 14th, 2020
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,243 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
coloradolights, PortageRivrLight, DenizensofDeep, Rtubbs, SafeHarbor
2583 Registered Users