OPPS! Looks like Dave posted while I was typing this.

Quote:
Are we going to be able to see all the lights left in Louisiana
No, but we will be seeing all that can be seen from land. There are three others in the very south part of LA that are only runins, and are so far out in the marsh wetlands offshore that they can only be seen from the air or by boat. But the cost to get out to them would be very very high and there isn't much left to see. Joe and I found a Fishing Charter that would take us out there back in Nov. 07 and the man wanted over $650. to take us out there in a little 3 man boat. We passed on his offer!

However if Dave has planed for a stop at the Maritime Museum in Madisonville (I've heard no mention of this) there are replicas of all the Louisiana Lights that have ever been. These are great looking little replicas, and a must see in my opinion. The Keepers Quarters for the Tchefuncte River Light is also at the Museum.

Quote:
the 3 in Alabama
No, we will see two out of three. The third has been disasembled and is being stored elsewhere to be reconstructed at a later date.

Quote:
the 3 in Mississippi
No, only one is still standing, Biloxi. Ship Island was destroyed during Katrina. And Round Island was destroyed several years ago by a hurricane.

Stephanie

God may have created man before woman,
but there is always a rough draft before the masterpiece.