This Friday morning there was a very special Bill Younger Event at Thomas Point lighthouse.. The following are some images from that trip to the lighthouse and a luncheon after in Annapolis..

On the trip out to the lighthouse the water became quite choppy and the drops that you see on the lens was only the tip of the iceberg... As one of the others put it, Bill Younger and I took a shower together as several waves totally engulfed us before we could join the others in the small cabin area..

Bill volunteered to dock the boat in the choppy water, but fortunately the Captain took over and did an excellent job..

There were 16 plus Bill who boarded Thomas Point from the boat and posed for this group shot. Sean helped me shoot this picture as I cloned myself into it..

This was the lucky half of a group of longtime friends of Bill Younger at the event, some who were very instrumental in raising the funds to get a screwpile named in honor of Bill Younger at Thomas Point.. The other half had to wait on shore at Annapolis and hear about the adventure upon our return..

Bill gets ready to go through the trap door and climbs to the deck of the lighthouse..

Bill enters the lighthouse that he first saw as a 9 year old (and never had been on) and has been such a influence on his life as well as collectors of Harbour Lights and lighthouse restoration nationwide..

Bill signing a box of inverted special Thomas Little Lights that will be presented to most of the people at the events luncheon.. (image later in the thread)

Bill enjoying the moment in the lantern
room shortly after calling to Nancy tell her where he was!!

Bill received a plaque commemorating the event.. More images of the ceremony will
appear in the next Legacy..

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!