(Reader's Digest version): 120 miles to Branford Elks; feeling lucky; spoke with many great friends and made several more; handed tickets (last 3 numbers) 521 & 522 when entering; 521 & 522 match our reunion pieces; 521 is Lorna's license plate; really feeling lucky; first drawing for Pemaquid Point LE...winner #522; feeling more than lucky now..felt honored to win; super refreshments, joined NELL, was exceptionally great to see Ron & MJ Foster arrive especially since we didn't think Ron would make it (to the regional, not the over thing); bought raffle tickets for Diggers "pen & ink" of Fort Niagra; ordered Nancy Button; posed for several pictures with the "Connected Collectors"; Bought Dutch Harbor Light coffee mug; rubbed Ken "Lucky" Reese's arm for good luck; enjoyed the "Mr. Bill Show" with Nancy filling in for Kim as the straight person; watched Bill shake up the box of tickets for several minutes; still feeling lucky; saw Bill reach deep and pull out a bent ticket; told Lorna (love of my life) I recognized that "bend" as her ticket that bent that way from being in my pocket on the 120 mile trip; Bill states, "Bent and folded tickets would be disqualified."; I quickly picked up my heart and chin (one of several) off the floor; Bill states, "Only kidding"; returned heart to chest, chins remained in place; Bill turned ticket over and read first name of "Lorna" followed by a pause then McKeon of Attleboro, Massachusetts (actually it's North Attleboro but that was close enough; Lorna steps forward to receive her treasured Gold Cape St. George; Jim Johnson pulls Bob M off the ceiling where I ended up after seeing Lorna accept her prize; I had considered doing 3 back flips and one cartwheel but manuever would have been dangerous in this large crowd; couldn't stop smiling until I finally fell asleep around 2230 hours; Woke up at 0400 hours; Put Gold Cape St. George front-row center, top shelf, main curio; Asked Lorna how she felt; Lorna states, "I wish Fred could have been there to share the moment with us."

Thank you Bill & Nancy! Thank you Harbour Lights! Thank you NELL and other sponsors of this regional event! Thank you to our friends, old and new, who helped to make this event one we will never forget!

Great friends, great food, great fun! Need I say more?

Harbour Lights and its family of fine collectors are the BPOE! (Note: not the Elks Slogan...my BPOE is "Best People On Earth"! God bless all of you!!!

(Two very elated members of the HL Family)
Lorna & Bob McKeon