I, while typing on my Mac, agree with Loon on this, Rich. Sure, we need more people posting but only if they feel comfortable doing so. By the way, we have quite a library here after more than 10 years of the Forums being in existence. Just using the 'search' in the Forums, one can spend hours finding information. Since the Forums were opened by John, every year or so this discussion comes up of nobody posting. It seems to go in cycles and it isn't always Summertime. While it doesn't hurt to have the discussion, we need to be very careful to keep it positive. I have a lot of collector friends who have left the forums because they feel, rightly or wrongly, a lot of negative vibes here sometimes.

I find it a great place to share both my collection and my lighthousing. I was in the News business for 37 years sharing what I had done that day with hundreds of thousands of people.. so this is a natural thing for me to do in the Forums.

I wish all the time that some of the early Forum members would come back and add their perspective and adventures to the Forums once more...but they apparently have moved on. Some of things that kept them coming to the Forums just aren't happening-- like 4 Regionals every year and Reunions every few years.

The Hoosier Lighthousing Club has a core group that is still going strong. While our active numbers have dropped a bit over the years, we still are very active and it is because we have the common bond of the Old Michigan City Lighthouse to support.

Onward to The Land of the Midnight Sun!