I'm also a registration plate collector of sorts. I have numerous lighthouse license plates thanks to being in the right place at the right time, and also being very well taken care of by a fellow CF member.

I do not have the Massachusetts "Cape & Islands" plate on any of my vehicles. I'm a creature of habit and getting such a plate would mean giving up one of the three plates I have (521 on Lorna's Envoy, R9M on my Dodge Ram Pickup, NORTH on my Vette) or buying and registering a fourth vehicle.

When it comes time to retire, I may be forced to go back to two vehicles and more than likely I would give up the "R9M" plate. I'm hoping I will be able to pass it on to one of my sons. I've had the NORTH plate since 1966, and the 521 plate was passed on to me by a friend who has sinced passed away.

I have boxes of plates from different states stored in my cellar. I also collected a lot of vanity or names plates from different states. I guess this will be stock for eBay sales some day along with all that "new old stock" of Lionel Trains also stored in the cellar.

smile Bob smile