Chuck, The first thing you have to be to join the CG is at least 6' tall. That's so when your ship sinks you can wade ashore. The next criteria is you have to be "Crazy". This is needed to go to sea in the ships that are at least 30-40 years old or the SAR boats that go out to rescue some nut that runs out of fuel during a storm when everyone else is coming in to harbor. The third thing is to have a terrific apetite because the chow on the SAR stations and isolated duty stations is the best in the world. It puts the top ranked resturants to shame. That's why I made the CG a career, I met all three requirements.

No, Harbour Lights does not have extra cases to sell. There is a HL dealer in San Fransisco that told me they could get them from the manufacturer that made them for HL but they could never come up with the information on who the manufacturer was. They kept telling me to call back. I found a local glass shop that would make the glass top for me at a cost of $50.00 ea in lots of five but that still didn't get me the base. I would have had to make it. I finally took JC's suggestion and went looking for ABs on Ebay at a good price or in stores discounting them. I managed to buy 6 ABs at discount, save the cases and bases for future ships(hope they fit the Chesapeake/Huron cases) and sold the AB pieces on the Marketplace. I have the brass plate made at a trophy shop for $10.00 each. It looks great for the 110' WPB and am waiting to use another case for the 41' UTB. If you want to try the store in San Fran to see if they got their act together, contact me.

Rich

Rich