Having lobbied for several years for this piece at store events, lighthouse dedications, regional events, reunions and any other place I could trap an unsuspecting HL representative it was a real treat to see this lighthouse finally produced by Harbour Lights. Every event I attended where Bill was present I would casually mention to him that HL could complete all of the standing Missouri lighthouses by producing just this one piece. He would always politely smile and counter with the fact that not enough people had requested the light, probably because of its midwest location, to warrant producing it. Maybe there are now more members in the midwest (or a more powerful lobbyist) than there used to be. As I sit here considering who else there might be that I could gloat to I believe I'll also mail a copy of the Legacy to the Shanklin's whose publication "List of All Existing U.S. Lighthouses" has never had a listing for Missouri. While purchasing a few pictures from him a year or so ago Bob did mention that they have actually taken pictures of Hannibal Light for their files even though they had chosen, at least to that point, not to include the listing in their book.

By the way, if you do happen to visit the light be sure and stop at the gift shop located at the base of the very long, steep hill that can be climbed to reach the lighthouse. They have a nice printed Certificate that they will fill out indicating that you did officially climb to the light. (For those not inclined toward undue exercise you can also drive right up to the base of the lighthouse).