Okay, I have now been to the mountain top and I have seeeeeen Nubble!! wink

My opinion, as if it matters, is that as for the lighthouse itself, I like the detail better than either of the previous pieces. The water...as Rich said, it's more like the real thing than the typical HL's pieces and does fluctuate from bright to darker to not lit at all. As for the base, it seems that it was more of a necessity of the lights, wires, battery compartment, etc. than an addition "direction" by HL. Do I like it? More so if it was somebody other than HL's piece, but not bad. Though a little cheeesy for Harbour Lights, it almost makes it more elegant instead of the rugged "manly-type" of LE from days of yore!! :p

My rating...oh, by the way, I didn't see it lit in a dark room/area so don't know about detail but some of the decorative trim wasn't as pronounced on the piece as it was on other parts; maybe it needed to be darker in the room...maybe it's the lit building, tower and water that overwhelmed the smaller lighting?!? confused Anyhow, I'd give it a ...uhhhhhhhhh...mmmmmmmmmmmm...a weak (though not TOO weak) 8; overall, not broken down into catagories like Bob M. laugh

Steve

Health through education, for a much misguided nation!!