A few random thoughts from an infrequent voice, and collector.

The essence of what I've read, I think, is that more HLs collectors are needed. Without them, HLs, and present collectors, face an uncertain future. Variations, QVC/HSN, remakes and special editions have all been mentioned.

Of the four, only QVC/HSN has the potential to exposed HLs to 'new' collectors. The other three would only be known to those of us already aware of HLs and, hopefully, collecting at least some identifiable sub-set of them.

Roland has listed many hurdles to the QVC/HSN path. I think we need to leave it to Tony C. to decide if that is a viable alternative for HLs, or even for the rest of his business.

So where does that leave the puzzle? Still looking to attract new collectors. The basic question, to my mind, is what is the likely HLs market? Nautical. Sea-faring. Coast Guard and Navy veterans and/or active duty. Something else?

If that is the market, the next question is, how does HLs market/advertise to them? Some of this may be (to some degree, less or more) fraught with the same hurdles that Roland listed for 'big box' outlets.

Nautical. Decor. Coastal. Beach. There is, or was, a magazine called Coastal Living. Ads in the magazine or a similar publication? HL use, and photo credit, in a beach house feature article?

Sea-faring. There are, or were, a few web sites for nautical/sea-faring antiques and replicas. Maybe a reciprocal web link arrangement?

Coast Guard and Navy personnel. They have reunions too. Ship and event things. How about a HLs, or HLs collectors, tie in to these events, in lieu of a HLs Collectors only event?

All of this is kinda half baked, but I can see potential in each of them to extend the HLs bug to a wider audience.

I'll leave it youse pros to finish the baking, or shut off the oven!

Rick