Quote:
I can't see this company in business in three years. The products are not selling, dealers are dropping and the product line is shrinking - no ornaments, no Anchor Bay, no LLOM's announced, very low production numbers on the LE's.
I think Harbour Lights is going to be around for a lot longer than three more years. Their reduction of production numbers on LE's is to satisfy the request of collectors who asked them to quit making so many of one light. The lower the edition size of a particular light should make it more desireable because it makes it more collectible.

I don't think I've ever heard of a dealer that sold only HL's and nothing else. If HL's are not selling in a certain area it is not Harbour Lights fault. They produce a wonderful product and try to cater to the needs of collectors. The detail and quality of the latest releases are much better than pieces from the old days.

People seem to be shying away from collectibles in the last few years. Even though the price of everything we use in a day-to-day basis keeps going up HL prices remain very stable and in some cases have gone down. Take a look at the history of HL pricing to see what I mean.

I find the problem with HL sales lies with the collectors. Our more senior collectors, who have or had complete collections, are finding themselves running out of room to display or store HL's. Instead of waiting for the next release with great anticipation, they say to themselves, "Where the heck am I going to put it this time?" It's not the money to them but the lack of space to display or store HL's.

Harbour Lights will continue to make pieces that sell. They will discontinue pieces that don't sell. No business wants to lose money and offering things that are not profitable will kill a business in the long run.

cool Bob cool