Well, let me stir the pot a little too. As lovely as the new GLOW releases are, I don't purchase them anymore. The last one I bought was West Quoddy and I was a little disappointed in its size.

I have two signed Kilaueas, and they're not the GLOW version. I bought one for my collection and the other to sell or trade for something else in the future.

I never expected to make a killing on my spare one but always figured it would be worth what I paid for it. If I had a choice of getting the original LE for $70 or the GLOW version for $45, I think I would definitely purchase the LE. Wouldn't you?

Now let us get back to the big picture. Harbour Lights is very generous when it comes to supporting lighthouse preservation. If we as collectors buy their products, they can keep supporting this worthwhile cause. If we try to put too many limitations on what they manufacture, there will be a lot less money being sent to support lighthouse preservation and restoration.

I'm sure the people who take care of the Kiluaea Light are as pleased as punch that they have a high quality sculpture to offer for sale. They will certainly sell plenty of them and we know these lights can always use extra money.

Another thing to be considered is the fact this isn't the first time we've discussed this subject. The Coquille River GLOW was met with mixed emotions by many but gladly received by more, including yours truly. People are pushing to have Pt. Vincente made as an LE. Didn't one guy pay ten thousand dollars for the one and only prototype? Imagine how he feels when he reads that. Wasn't there a little banter about making a GLOW of the first reunion piece, New Point Loma? I have one of those and I don't begrudge HL for producing a GLOW replica if it will help out the light.

I guess it comes down to the haves and the have nots. I have a complete collection except for the Coquille River LE. It would be easy for me to be greedy and say don't make any more GLOWS. Then I think about the enthusiatic new HL collectors who are very pleased to add a GLOW to there collection when they can't find the LE of a certain light. I did the same thing until I got all the LEs except for CR. Now I have a large amount of GLOWS that I don't display on a regular basis and they are probably worth about 60% of what I paid for them.

In conclusion I support whatever Harbour Lights does because they are good people and thewy have worked hard to make a difference in lighthouse awareness across the country. I further support them because they listen to their collectors and eventually try to do the right thing by them.

People complained about large edition sizes. HL reduce the edition size. People complained about the higher prices of new releases. HL is now offering LEs for less money than in past years. People complained about the high prices of Anchor Bay Boats with base & case. HL released new editions without base & case at half the price.

Well I'm a little long-winded on this post, so I'll end here. What do you think of what has been said in this thread?

Bob