LighthouseKeepers.com

Test Display of Poster's Information

Posted By: Webmaster

Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/07/00 06:08 AM

I turned on the feature that also displays the user's # of posts, status, and their hometown.

We'll give it a try and you can tell me whether to keep it or go back to the old display.

Please note you can update or edit your profile from most Forum pages. Just click on the "Profile" word below the "Post New Topic" button.

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 02-06-2000).]
Posted By: QC

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/07/00 05:01 PM

Hi John,
I like it.
George
Posted By: Weasel58

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/07/00 05:51 PM

The Weasel thinks it's pretty cool.

[This message has been edited by Weasel58 (edited 02-07-2000).]
Posted By: Joanne

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/07/00 06:41 PM

I like it -

I often like to know where a person is from when they write a posting specific to their area and now it saves me the time of having to open their profile.

Joanne
Posted By: LamarB

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/07/00 09:13 PM

I like it, too. Thanks St. John for all your work on more and better features.
Posted By: mombo

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/08/00 02:19 AM

Looks good John, thanks.
Posted By: Digger

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/08/00 02:54 AM

Ahhhhh. Very nice John. My vote is to keep it.
Posted By: Todd Shorkey

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/08/00 02:54 AM

It looks good here too, John. Could be a keeper.

-Todd
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/08/00 03:59 AM

Very interesting feature, JC. My vote is to keep it activated.

Bob
Posted By: JULB

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/08/00 04:13 AM

I like it. The location enhances the posting and helps add perspective to the comments!
Posted By: Jim Chesher

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/08/00 04:19 AM

I liked it when you first mentioned it and I like it even more now that I see it. I say keep it.

Posted By: DeDo

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/08/00 05:04 AM

I like it John. Gives a whole other perspective knowing where people are from. Most times I don't bother with the icons on page top.

Donna
Posted By: RRohweder

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/08/00 05:33 AM

Now everyone will know I'm from Eureka John. Oh well, cat's out of the bag now. I like it.

Rich

------------------

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/08/00 05:57 AM

BTW - the reason many people have no registration date is because capturing that item to the database of users was not added to UBB until after we were up and running for about 6 months. So no registration date means a REALLY old-timer.

Hey... ...maybe we need a special pin for Really Old WACKOs

Never Mind

Roseanne Rosannadana

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 02-07-2000).]
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/08/00 06:11 AM

I like the new additons. Helps us get to know each other a little better without having to click the sunglasses.

FWIW, there are probably others like me - registered on the HL web site early on (first week or so of Aug after it opened) and then lurked in the forums for a while. Looking back, I was reading the vast majority of posts, if not all, but just didn't seem to feel the need to share. I'm glad I finally decided to jump in and participate. Best way to really learn and have fun.

Thanks for all the work, John.

Dave
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/08/00 03:33 PM

Good info John, gives an insight into each poster at a glance. Especially good for new users who can see who they're reading about as well as giving the old users an overview about the newbie.
A definite value added, thanks John.
Posted By: Gary Toth

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/09/00 07:09 AM

Looks like a gain with no pain. Thumbs Up!
Posted By: Marzipan

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/09/00 04:31 PM

It's a great idea John, looks good and it's fun to see where everyone is from. Thanks

~Dale from NY

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/11/00 06:25 AM

In some cases it also seems that each specific posting contains the posters message count as of that message? I noticed Mombo's 998th, 999th, then 1000th post (congratulations Sue), but then I saw the 1000 appear again on her next post I read. Is it supposed to be the count as of that specific message?

Dave
Posted By: Art

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/11/00 07:40 AM

Dave, I think it's the cumulative postings to-date. You must have been reading as mombo was posting, thus the rising numbers. Go back and check the others again. I'll bet they are all revised to whatever posting number it is that mombo is currently up to.

------------------
-Art

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/12/00 01:54 AM

Correct, Art...

The system checks the poster's file each time it displays a name to see how many posts were made. So all Mombo's posts now say 999. Next time, all her posts will say 1,000.

Contratulations, Sue!!

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/15/00 05:46 AM

OK John,

Couldn't find the series I was originally talking about, but as of now (around 10:45 PM), Mombo's post # 1004 was at 9:42PM 2/14 in the Wish List/More Now & Then. #1007 was 2/14 @ 10:13 in Links/Keep 'Em Coming. I know I'm not nuts (although that could open a whole new discussion). I tend to agree with what is supposed to happen, but is there perhaps an undocumented feature that appears from time to time?

Dave
Posted By: JeffB

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/16/00 09:50 PM

Looks good, John. And saves time not having to pull up profiles. Keep up the good work!

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/16/00 09:58 PM

Congratulations, Dave...

Looks like your last post put you in the 500+ posts.

Re: Test Display of Poster's Information - 02/16/00 10:04 PM

OK, thanks for the feedback. Looks pretty one-sided to me -- in favor of showing the extended information about the individual posting. So I'll leave it on and close this thread.

Don't forget you can edit your profile and that is what determines what appears below your username.
© 2024 Collector Forums