Posted By: Jim Johnston

Great Lakes District Meeting - 02/04/01 07:38 PM

Our next meeting will be:
Sunday February 25,2001
6309 Monona Drive
Madison, WI
608-221-1630

Time: 1:00pm

Directions: From Milwaukee-Take I94-I90(Chicago). Exit Highways 12/18(west) Take second exit(Monona Drive). The shop is located 2 blocks from exit on left side of the street.

We will be discussing the events for the upcoming year. Hope to see you there.
Jim
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: Great Lakes District Meeting - 02/21/01 03:57 PM

We can't make this one Jim, we're having our daughter Baptized, but our vote is for an event up in Sturgeon Bay, like last year!

Mike & Patti
Posted By: TD

Re: Great Lakes District Meeting - 02/22/01 07:16 AM

Jim, one of these days I will make the trip from Mpls. to one of your meetings. In the future will any other Milwaukee lights be open to our group? Also, my vote would be to get involved with the restoration of North Point.
TD

Re: Great Lakes District Meeting - 02/22/01 03:53 PM

Good idea TD, North Point would be a good project. Certainly closer to home for me than Pottowatamie. It would probably be easier to get people to work days!

Mike

Re: Great Lakes District Meeting - 02/22/01 11:48 PM

I will inform the Friends of North Point Lighthouse that we have willing and able volunteers on hand. We plan on visiting Southport Lighthouse in Kenosha, Rawley Point Lighthouse in Point Beach State Forest. Another trip up the tower of North Point and through the keepers quarters will also be planned. We are now in the planning stages for this summer. Calls are in waiting for replys.

Re: Great Lakes District Meeting - 02/22/01 11:59 PM

Here is a link to my photos of North Point Lighthouse. I am in the process of scanning the interior shots that I took in 1998 when we were trying to adopt this lighthouse. http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=271820&a=10546533

Re: Great Lakes District Meeting - 02/23/01 01:04 AM

North Point and Rawley Point, now there's two I'd like to see become Harbour Lights, but that's a topic for another thread.

Mike
© 2024 Collector Forums