LighthouseKeepers.com

Ads with Lighthouses

Posted By: kikigl

Ads with Lighthouses - 06/01/06 12:20 AM

I just saw an ad on TV for Suntrust Bank and it had some great shots of Cape Lookout, NC.
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Ads with Lighthouses - 06/01/06 03:24 AM

Well, this wasn't an ad, but I saw Dateline over the weekend and they featured Ellen McCarthy or MacArthur who sailed around the world and beat the record by a day and some hours. She went by a black and white lighthouse as she left port (from France?) and knew she was home free when she saw the light from the lighthouse the night she returned. Anyone know which lighthouse it was?

Sorry to digress. I know I saw an ad recently but the lighthouse did not seem to be a real one - can't remember what the ad was for - need to pay closer attention. Would love to see the SunTrust Bank ad. cool
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Ads with Lighthouses - 06/03/06 12:11 PM

One of our banks had a lighthouse in their advertising.
Have a look here:
Lighthouse Advert

By the way, Ellen McArthur's solo-circumnavigation finished (as all others do) on a line between the Lizzard Point (UK) and Ushant (or Quessant) (France) and the black and white lighthouse you saw, Grace, was very likely the Lighthouse of Creach, Ile d'Ouessant, Bretagne.
Posted By: mombo

Re: Ads with Lighthouses - 06/05/06 04:07 PM

Saw one on TV yesterday probably during the broadcast for the Memorial Golf Tournament. It was for some investment firm I'd never heard of. It's stormy and the investor is looking for stability and security or some such. He goes to the pictured lighthouse and the keeper answers the door and tells the investor, "I think you want the [name of the investment company] lighthouse."
Posted By: Grover

Re: Ads with Lighthouses - 06/06/06 03:50 AM

Sue,

I saw them also ... there were two different ones ... and they were for Van Kampen Investments ...
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Ads with Lighthouses - 06/06/06 04:05 AM

Having had the same question as Grace did about that Dateline story. I was all excited about that. :rolleyes:

As I was about that ad.
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Ads with Lighthouses - 06/06/06 10:17 AM

Finally saw the SunTrust ad, thought it was done very well. smile
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Ads with Lighthouses - 06/06/06 01:44 PM

Go back a few years and recall the rotating Blazer with headlights on replacing the lantern room on Pigeon Point. Think it was an ad for how powerful the headlights were.
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Ads with Lighthouses - 06/07/06 03:30 AM

Thanks so much for replying to my post, Margret. It was awesome seeing Ellen go by that light and to somewhat understand her joy on seeing it again as she came back a real champ! I agree that it is very odd that a UK light was not used for the UK ad.

Would love to see the ads that Sue and Grover saw!

Re: Ads with Lighthouses - 08/28/06 01:43 PM

I just came back from shopping and realised, I bought some "lighthouse packaging" ... does that fit here?

The lighthouse, I think, is Portland Bill on the South Coast of England.
Posted By: HCS

Re: Ads with Lighthouses - 08/28/06 09:06 PM

Great packaging Margret.
I will have to look for thoes when I'm in England next month.
HCS

Re: Ads with Lighthouses - 08/28/06 11:06 PM

Oh, you are here next month ... shame really, 'cause we are in California for the wedding of daughter Sue ... smile
Posted By: HCS

Re: Ads with Lighthouses - 08/28/06 11:23 PM

Margret,
I will only be there for three days, on route to Ireland. Will let you know when I will be over for a longer visit.
Congratulations on your daughters wedding!
HCS
Posted By: 5lights

Re: Ads with Lighthouses - 09/29/06 01:16 AM

Saw an ad last night for Puerto Rico, inviting you to come visit. Showed two very nice shots of El Morro...and they were more than just a quick flash!!!

Re: Ads with Lighthouses - 11/12/06 10:07 PM

One of the Realtors near here has taken the Burnham Low Light for their logo.

We have taken pictures of this curious light and the High Light.
The two Burnham on Sea Lighthouses
Posted By: 5lights

Re: Ads with Lighthouses - 11/13/06 04:24 PM

Nice photos, Margret! Thanks for sharing..they certainly are different from anything that I have seen!!
© 2024 Collector Forums