LighthouseKeepers.com

2008 Collector Forum Exclusive

Posted By: Webmaster

2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 09/26/07 08:23 PM

Harbour Lights has made a preliminary selection from among the five lights we submitted.

Next step is to make a drawing and submit it to the factory for a quote on production costs.

We will hold off on announcing the choice until Harbour Lights has the quote and can assure us that it can be delivered so we can retail it at our target retail price of $50 +/- shipping costs. This wait may be 2-3 weeks.

Once that is confirmed, we'll show the drawing. Next step will be the wax model, then the paint sample. Those steps will take approximately 90 days.

Finally, we expect production and delivery in the second half of 2008 -- after the regular 2008 Harbour Lights introductions are produced. We don't want our 500 piece order to hold up the main line. But we do want them produced so they can be shipping in a container that is already scheduled for delivery.

Thanks to all our Team Members. Thanks to Harry Hine, Tony Constantino and Don Devine for working with us to bring you the 2008 Collector Forums Exclusive.

Stay tuned!
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 09/27/07 01:20 AM

Thanks for the update John!

Looking forward to finding out which one was selected.

Even if the price goes $60-$70+, I'd be ok with that.
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 09/27/07 11:44 AM

For any of you collectors or just lighthouse lovers, that may have second thoughts about buying the Forum exclusive, here is an example of how our last Forum exclusive is doing on ebay.

Erie Land Light at the secondary Market Post

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 10/22/07 03:36 AM

Still awaiting a firm price from China/Harbour Lights before announcing the selection. Hopefully this week.

We do know it will be HL723.

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 10/22/07 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Webmaster:
Still awaiting a firm price from China/Harbour Lights before announcing the selection. Hopefully this week.

We do know it will be HL723.
I guess that answers how the numbering for special edition pieces will advance.

I wonder why HL698 was skipped???
Posted By: CAVR

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 10/24/07 10:19 PM

So I guess we can also presume that Christmas pieces (limited editions) will not go as high as HL723.... Perhaps the Christmas LEs may go away after the 3rd year "flying santa series" is over.

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 10/24/07 10:36 PM

This years Christmas piece, Hospital Point, is 722.

At a rate of one Christmas release a year, it makes sense that HL is no longer reserving the entire 700 series for Christmas releases.

The Christmas pieces have always been special editions anyway.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 10/25/07 10:21 AM

I've always found the Christmas pieces to be special, and I look forward to adding one every year to my collection. I display all of them from right after Thanksgiving until mid winter. I would be very disappointed if Harbour Lights stopped offering an annual Christmas HL.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 10/25/07 02:58 PM

I don't see H.L. giving up on the Christmas pieces. I think they are popular enough they will keep them for a long time. I'll be picking mine up this weekend (hopefully, if my dealer got more in) and I, like Bob display them with the rest of the house decorations at Christmas unless it's one we've seen, then it's in the cabinet all the time

On a side note, this is proably the first year I haven't really cared for the Christmas piece. Although the plane idea is a good one, I'm just not too thrilled with the execution, with the big hook holding the plane. And the price is a bit on the high side. That being said, I'm still buying it.

(Sorry, for a minute there I forgot which post this was in. We're getting a little off topic, but that's gonna happen when you have idle time while waiting patiently...)

Mike

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 10/25/07 03:29 PM

towel
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 10/25/07 08:48 PM

Quote:
I am very curious!!! towel
... me too!
Posted By: rscroope

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 10/26/07 06:55 PM

I have a little gull darn interest too! vhappy
Posted By: Dave H

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 10/27/07 02:02 AM

When I spoke with Harry late Thursday he said he had not received a price quote yet. He was going to send an email to China to remind them. However, I would venture a guess that by the time he was able to send it (even late Thursday) it would have been too late to get a response before next week.
Posted By: HCS

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 10/27/07 02:52 AM

Any idea which light it will be?
HCS
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 10/27/07 01:36 PM

We will announce the light once we have a price quote and firm it up. Hopefully very soon.
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 10/28/07 08:42 PM

Can't wait.
Posted By: wheland

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 10/28/07 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by rscroope:
I have a little gull darn interest too! vhappy
Bob,

Is that a hint- or wishful thinking on your part? laugh

Dennis
Posted By: rscroope

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 10/29/07 05:56 PM

Just wishing Dennis!

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 11/01/07 10:20 PM

We have the price and will post the announcement and, price and Harry's drawings of the choice Saturday evening.

Orders will be taken beginning January 1. Price will be tentatively be $65 including shipping to your address. No taxes. Edition size 500 pieces.

Found out today from Harry that the sculpting is already underway and we may be able to deliver it in mid-2008.

Stay tuned....

Members of the Work Team should check the private forum.
Posted By: buoyhunter_190

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 11/02/07 12:29 AM

This would be my first piece. Who do I place the order with on Jan 1st?
Posted By: Bob M

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 11/02/07 01:01 AM

Yeah, Baby! Another great accomplishment by the CF work team for all the CF members!

smile Bob smile

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 11/02/07 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by buoyhunter_190:
This would be my first piece. Who do I place the order with on Jan 1st?
We will provide a link to a page about the lighthouse with photos of the actual piece (assuming we have a paint sample by January 1).

The link will be posted here in the Collector Forums.

The team and Tony and Harry are all very excited about this piece. I think you will be also when you see the drawings Harry did of the lighthouse this Saturday evening.
Posted By: HCS

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 11/02/07 03:12 AM

John,
Will we be able to order a specific number?
HCS
Posted By: Dave H

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 11/02/07 03:47 AM

No on the specific number. As was done last time, we believe the best all around system and the most fair to everyone is to have the random draw. That way everyone who orders by the prescribed cutoff date will be in the running for the #1 piece, right Mary & Jeff? After the initial order period people will be assigned the next available number. No one knew the number they would receive until they opened their packages.

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 11/02/07 02:24 PM

John, Thanks for the update! vhappy
Posted By: 5lights

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 11/02/07 03:05 PM

Thanks John! Glad to hear we won't have to wait much longer...definitely exciting news! vhappy
The Erie piece was great and Harbour Lights usually out does it self with each new piece...so this one should be even greater!!!
Looking forward to the announcement!
A big thank you to the work team!!!! applaud
Posted By: CAVR

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 11/03/07 07:13 PM

Looking forward to hearing which lighthouse won the selection for the 2nd Collectors Forum Exclusive !!!! Can't wait....

Re: 2008 Collector Forum Exclusive - 11/04/07 06:15 AM

Here\'s the announcement.

As noted there, you will be able to place your order beginning January 1, 2008.

Please post your comments and questions in that thread and not in this one.
© 2024 Collector Forums