LighthouseKeepers.com

Lighthouse Birdhouses

Posted By: Elmer

Lighthouse Birdhouses - 10/21/03 05:45 PM

When we visited the Little Traverse lighthouse this past weekend, I was able to get a photo of a replica birdhouse that was located in the Harbor Point gated community. The camera police gave me a little bit of a time, but did allow me to take this shot.

How about posting additional birdhouse photos from lighthouse grounds that are replicas of the actual lights? How about it .... I know there's one up at Seul Choix. eek

Dan

Re: Lighthouse Birdhouses - 10/25/03 04:04 PM

Looks like this topic went over like a lead "Skybound" ..... oh well frown wink frown

Dan
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: Lighthouse Birdhouses - 10/25/03 05:41 PM

Dan - I have taken photos of lighthouse birdhouses at Grand Traverse and at Seul Choix Point.

Suzanne
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Lighthouse Birdhouses - 10/26/03 05:35 AM

OK, Dan, here 'ya go:

Seul Choix

Grand Traverse

Sorry for the quality of the pictures - they are scans of old snapshots.

Dave
(corrected LH name - my bad)

Re: Lighthouse Birdhouses - 10/26/03 09:23 AM

That isn't Point Iroquois, that is Seul Choix!

Suzanne

Re: Lighthouse Birdhouses - 10/26/03 11:46 PM

My major boo-boo, Suzanne. It was late and I didn't double check the books to be sure I had the right light. I relied on where in the stack the pictures were (the order we visited the lights). Thanks for correcting - I fixed it in the post above.

So, do you have one of Point Iroqouis?

Re: Lighthouse Birdhouses - 10/28/03 08:48 PM

Are we sure there is a "lighthouse birdhouse" at Point Iroquois? I checked my folder for that light and had taken 19 photos in the past. None of them had a birdhouse in it. Hmmmmm ...
confused

Dan

Re: Lighthouse Birdhouses - 10/29/03 04:46 AM

I didn't see a lighthouse birdhouse at Point Iroquois either. I do recall seeing a hummingbird feeder with several hummingbirds feeding at Point Iroquois.

Re: Lighthouse Birdhouses - 11/01/03 05:42 AM

Looking thru some pictures of past lighthousing adventures, I came across this picture of the bird house at Cedar Key. The birdhouse is on a pole offshore from the dock at Cedar Key;

Posted By: seagirt

Re: Lighthouse Birdhouses - 11/01/03 07:53 PM

OK...I'm inspired...to build a Sea Girt birdhouse!!! laugh
© 2024 Collector Forums