LighthouseKeepers.com

Movie at Port Isabel

Posted By: Shortcake

Movie at Port Isabel - 10/27/07 03:48 PM

Joe and I are in Port Isabel, TX. We went to see the Lighthouse yesterday afternoon and learned that there was going to be a movie at the lighthouse at 8:30 PM. So we hung around to see. The movie was shown right on the outside of the lighthouse, so the lighthouse itself was the screen!

It was an event that has been going on here for the last few weeks. Every Friday night they show a movie for the kids in the area. Bring your blanket or chairs and sit on the lawn to watch the movie at the lighthouse. Popcorn, Nachos, Candy Bars and sodas are available for sale or bring your own.

This was soooooo neat! The movie last night was Monster House.

Re: Movie at Port Isabel - 10/27/07 04:19 PM

Will add pictures later.... gotta remember how! bash
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Movie at Port Isabel - 11/11/07 07:33 AM

Shortcake, we are waiting. If you get a chance, email me the details. After my last email to you, I wasn't sure what you were going to do. Be sure to let me know when you get closer to my area.

Re: Movie at Port Isabel - 12/10/07 05:16 PM

Ok so it's been over a month now, but here are the pictures.

I finaly gave up and called our old friend Dave for help. Thank you Dave! bow

Posted By: Bill38429

Re: Movie at Port Isabel - 12/10/07 05:20 PM

Nice pics!

We went to see one of the Port Isabel Lighthouse movies earlier this summer when we were there. However, it had been raining all day and it was forecasted for the evening, so it was cancelled. We were so disapointed.

It looks like it would be a fun experience and we're hoping to catch one next summer when we head down there again.

That's fantastic you got to see one. I'm sure you enjoyed it.
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Movie at Port Isabel - 12/10/07 07:19 PM

Very cool, Stephanie. I'd heard about the night show, but my last visit down there was sooo many years ago, they hadn't started doing this yet.
© 2024 Collector Forums