LighthouseKeepers.com

at Harbor Beach

Posted By: JTimothyA

at Harbor Beach - 10/23/02 05:17 AM

Harbor Beach, Michigan, October 14th, 2002

A squat Lake Huron pier head light, Harbor Beach on Michigan's 'thumb' is not well recognized.... I wonder why.

Harbor Beach

My little 28-135mm zoom didn't have quite enough oomph. This is the view from the end of Pack Street - couldn't find a way to get out on the pier.

Forty Mile Point

T
Posted By: JWB

Re: at Harbor Beach - 10/24/02 05:46 AM

What a cool light. I have never been but you have inspired me to find my way there sometime.
JB
Posted By: Bob M

Re: at Harbor Beach - 10/24/02 11:59 AM

Quote:
This is the view from the end of Pack Street - couldn't find a way to get out on the pier.
Tim,...It looks like the pier starts over to the port side. Did they fence you out? What, no bolt cutters? You do remember the old country favorite, "Don't Fence Me In"?

I always thought the FSB Survival Kit contained bolt cutters, waders, an inflatable boat, Miracle Whip, horseradish, and two fire balls.

The first light that came to mind when I saw your pic was Old Saybrook. Nice pics, Tim, keep them coming.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: mombo

Re: at Harbor Beach - 10/24/02 03:38 PM

The Pepper's website "Seeing the Light" states that the pier/breakwater is not connected to land.
Posted By: rgurskey

Re: at Harbor Beach - 10/25/02 07:19 PM

I have been to the Harbor Beach lighthouse area and the pier is definitely NOT connected to sure. You should have walked out on the pier near the beach area. That will get you a little closer.
Lots of jet ski activity when I was there but I didn't want to get that wet just for a photo. wink
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: at Harbor Beach - 10/25/02 07:24 PM

Been there and I can state it isn't connected... I went out to the end of the pier and you still would have a nice swim to get to the breakwater... I have often thought about renting a boat but never seem to have the time when we are back in the area..

© 2024 Collector Forums