LighthouseKeepers.com

Guess for Y2K

Posted By: LamarB

Guess for Y2K - 06/30/99 09:32 PM

HL has been very generous with their financial support and very helpful in rallying outside support to the causes of several lighthouse restoration efforts. They assisted the real Tybee, then issued a new Tybee sculpture. They assisted the real Hillsboro then issued a Hillsboro sculpture. They assisted Rockland Breakwater then ...

What do you think? Think they'll do it?

I want one, please.

------------------
Keepin' the flame
Posted By: S Dalessandro

Re: Guess for Y2K - 07/01/99 12:30 AM

Thanks, I hadn't made that connection before. I definately want one if they come out with a Rockland Breakwater HL.
Posted By: Digger

Re: Guess for Y2K - 07/01/99 02:06 AM

I'd like to see it. Does anyone have any pictures of the real thing?
Posted By: LamarB

Re: Guess for Y2K - 07/01/99 04:54 AM

Digger, here's a site with a pretty good picture zuma.lib.utk.edu/lights/ME/rocklnd2.jpg

And another zuma.lib.utk.edu/lights/ME/rocklnd1.jpg

Here's a website with excellent pictures http://www.lighthouse.cc/rocklandbreakwater/index.html

------------------
Keepin' the flame

[This message has been edited by LamarB (edited 07-01-99).]
Posted By: LADYBUG

Re: Guess for Y2K - 07/01/99 05:39 AM

I was at Rockland Breakwater when back on the east coast last fall; it was sunset and the waves were lapping at our feet; made it about three quarters of the way out when my better judgment took over; breakwater is a little over a mile to the lighthouse; did get a picture although somewhat in the distance; also got a picture of most of the breakwater and a very small white building at the end; would be nice to have a HL
Posted By: Rod Watson

Re: Guess for Y2K - 07/01/99 05:56 AM

We also walked the entire breakwater to get some close up photos last Fall. It was a very enjoyable adventure. I have always thought that would be a nice light for HL to make...bring it on

Rod Watson
[This message has been edited by Rod Watson (edited 07-11-99).]
Posted By: Al and Kathy

Re: Guess for Y2K - 07/02/99 05:38 AM

Like it! Thanks for the websites for pictures. Lamar.

Kathy

[This message has been edited by Al and Kathy (edited 07-01-99).]
© 2024 Collector Forums