LighthouseKeepers.com

Published

Posted By: rscroope

Published - 03/20/06 10:06 PM

I submitted some photos ages ago, and just recently got the mags sent by the ad company.
No bucks but I think it pretty cool to be in "Forbes" and "US News". Anyway I thought I share my accomplishment. See if anyone can spot the error?

Posted By: Sunshine

Re: Published - 03/20/06 11:44 PM

Congratulations, Bob. I'll look forward to seeing the photos in person when the magazines are delivered.
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Published - 03/20/06 11:48 PM

Congratulations, Bob Scroop! wink

Looks pretty cool. Who did you subit them to? Are Forbes and US News owned by the same company? The two pages are basically the same, but with tweaks.
Posted By: mombo

Re: Published - 03/21/06 03:04 AM

Is the name of the lighthouse wrong? I can't make out any of the fine print on the covers.
Posted By: AZlightkeeper

Re: Published - 03/21/06 03:24 AM

Congrats, Bob! smile I love this light and it's history !
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Published - 03/21/06 03:34 AM

Super well done, Bob! Congratulations!!

Re: Published - 03/21/06 04:43 AM

Mombo - reread my post... smile
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Published - 03/21/06 05:26 AM

Hmmm... Were you improperly portrayed as an African American woman in one ad and a Doctor in the other?
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Published - 03/21/06 01:31 PM

A tip of the Captain's cover (hat) to ya' Robert! That is a great picture! You should be proud!

The part I don't understand is why weren't you compensated for the use of your photo. These people make big bucks with those magazines and they should at least be willing to compensate you with a token amount.

smile Bob smile

Re: Published - 03/21/06 02:25 PM

They contacted me after perusing my(Kristin's) website. They claimed they were a non-profit Health Org. The magazines were already published July 2005, and December 2005. Ads may have only been in NY area editions. And, yes Greg, you think they could have at least spelled my name right?
Posted By: mombo

Re: Published - 03/22/06 02:50 AM

How come Greg can read the fine print and I can't???

Re: Published - 03/22/06 04:22 AM

Being 16 rocks! wink laugh

Actually, my eyes are really bad...so I don't know how I could read that so well, even with my contacts.
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Published - 03/22/06 05:45 AM

They left the last "e" off? I had to use a magnifying glass, too. Pretty good eyes, Greg, if you could see that with only your contacts - I wear contacts, too, and couldn't pick it up until I used the additional help. Knowing what to look for helped a lot!!

Re: Published - 03/27/06 07:06 PM

Did anyone happen to get these issues?
Posted By: regalhobo

Re: Published - 03/27/06 10:31 PM

Nice job Bob congratulations.

smile cool
© 2024 Collector Forums