LighthouseKeepers.com

Round Robin 12-3

Posted By: Tom and Joyce Abbott

Round Robin 12-3 - 07/29/05 04:42 AM

The Robin is ready to start a new round and goes in the mail tomorrow. The order for this Robin is:

Joyce H.
George H.
Bill E.
Stephanie D.
John Y.
Dave H.
Tom & Joyce A.

Don't forget to post here when you receive the Robin and also when you put it back in the mail. Hope everyone gets lots of new lighthouse postcards.
Posted By: bonnebert

Re: Round Robin 12-3 - 08/02/05 03:42 PM

It landed here in Chesapeake yesterday, has rested, refueled and will leave today.

Joyce
Posted By: Pharologst

Re: Round Robin 12-3 - 08/04/05 02:21 AM

I've got the Murphy mule fed and rested waitng for the arrival of the package of undoubtedly unique postcards contained therein!

wink

About half of the ones I replace will be with international cards to add some alternate flavor!!

laugh
Posted By: Pharologst

Re: Round Robin 12-3 - 08/10/05 08:26 PM

The mule was apparently exhausted as it took so long to arrive. We've had extreme weather the last 4-5 days so he may have just rested a few. Anyway it's here and will go out tomorrow!!. eek eek
Posted By: Sooner Schooner

Re: Round Robin 12-3 - 08/16/05 02:54 AM

In today, out tomorrow...
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Round Robin 12-3 - 08/23/05 05:06 PM

Is Round Robin 13 dead? I didn't see the white light on HBO Sunday night. Did they get combined for lack of interest? Did I miss something? Sitting here with lots of cards,
Bob
Posted By: Sooner Schooner

Re: Round Robin 12-3 - 08/25/05 05:56 AM

Has my Round Robin 12-3 mailing arrived yet?
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Round Robin 12-3 - 09/08/05 04:51 AM

Robin made it's way to Mobile then forwarded on to South Carolina and arrived yesterday. Please forgive me for the delay but it is going to take me a few days to get the Robin out and on her way again.

Being I am not at home and liveing basicly out of a suitcase. I did pack some postcards to use in the Robin, but for the life of me I can't find them! Please give me a few days to look some more. There are 7 cards in this package that I want to keep, but must find my cards to replace them with. If I can't find them by the weekend I will just mail it on out as it came to me. frown
Posted By: DocJ44

Re: Round Robin 12-3 - 09/28/05 05:13 AM

This robin has arrived from Stephanie and will be going out to Dave in the next couple days. A nice variety of cards...I will try to avoid adding too many Michigan cards.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Round Robin 12-3 - 10/11/05 06:25 AM

The robin arived late Wednesday afternoon and I hurried to get it back into the mail to Tom & Joyce before I headed out to Alpena. They should have it by tomorrow (Tuesday). Had a nice selection of new cards for me and hopefully I tossed in a couple new ones for Tom & Joyce.
Posted By: Tom and Joyce Abbott

Re: Round Robin 12-3 - 11/14/05 04:35 AM

The Robin did arrive several weeks ago. We were just waiting for the other Robin to catch up. Actually this Robin is still resting. He/She not only brought some new postcards, but also carried a record number of postage stamps on the envelope. Dave, did you clean out your stamp drawer? smile The envelope had a total of 20 postage stamps, plus a metered strip. Poor postal worker had to hand stamp the envelope nine time in order to cancel all of the postage stamps.
Posted By: LADYBUG

Re: Round Robin 12-3 - 11/14/05 05:46 AM

The other robin has arrived safely back home so we are all caught up for now.
Darlene

Re: Round Robin 12-3 - 11/14/05 06:33 AM

T&J, only stamps I keep on hand anymore are 23's and 37's. Normally I just let the clerk put a strip on it. I wonder if I asked Susan to mail it for me - I think she still has (maybe "had" at this point) a stash of piddly little stamps she used up every once in a while. . . . . .

Always looking for a way to make the postal people earn their checks? One way to make sure they hand stamped the envelope?
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: Round Robin 12-3 - 11/14/05 08:37 AM

Okay, there is the PCE - in envelope, PCE - no envelope, Christmas card exchange, and Round Robin. I've signed up for the Christmas card exchange. Although they all sound like a lot of fun, the Round Robin seems to be something I would like to try. When will you be starting up again? Dave, is that the one you told me would probably start in January? Where can I find more information? Thanks! (Rich and John, are you watching the counter?)

Re: Round Robin 12-3 - 11/14/05 04:52 PM

Normally I prefer to let the robins and exchanges rest for the holidays. People have enough other things going on. Jen has initiated a card exchange, so that should take care of people's "fixes" for the next couple months. We'll look at exchanges and robins sometime in January.

Set your display topic window to "show all topics" in the post card forum and you can go wayyyyy back and watch the development.
© 2024 Collector Forums