LighthouseKeepers.com

Post Card Exchanges

Posted By: Joanne

Post Card Exchanges - 10/08/00 12:20 AM

An idea came to me yesterday as I was looking at the second card I received. I was thinking, how could I preserve these and be able to enjoy them at the same time? Then it came to me. I'm going to buy a small photo album, the 4x6 size, and put them in the album. Only one card per plastic sleeve, so the back of the card is also able to be seen.

Joanne
Posted By: RRohweder

Re: Post Card Exchanges - 10/08/00 01:37 AM

Hi Joanne,

Dropped St. George Reef in the mail to you today along with a bonus. I went to Staples and picked up an 8 X 10 three ring binder, and 8 X 10 plastic sheets that have places for two 4 X 6 photos on them. Total cost was about $8.00. FWIW.

Rich

------------------
Posted By: Brent

Re: Post Card Exchanges - 10/08/00 04:08 PM

I'm doing the same thing, Joanne.....'great idea to post for the others to see!!
Posted By: Pharologst

Re: Post Card Exchanges - 10/08/00 05:31 PM

The plastic 4x6 inserts are great. I've been doing that for awhile and have a whole notebook mostly filled up already!!

------------------

[This message has been edited by pharologst (edited 10-08-2000).]
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Post Card Exchanges - 10/09/00 05:30 AM

I started putting my lighthouse post cards in the photo album we received from the 1998 HL Reunion. I like the cover of Cape Hatteras. I think you can order one from the items that HL's has for sale. The 4 X 6 post cards fit perfect. I have already filled my book and am now filling the one my husband received. My only problem is that I had previously bought some larger cards that don't fit in my book.
Posted By: wheland

Re: Post Card Exchanges - 10/10/00 01:45 AM

Lorie,

Check at photo shops or Staples or such. they may have pages that have two spots insteand of 4 or one big sleeve,

These can be used for the oversized cards, at least some of them.

I've been using the same syatem to put postcards of all the LH's I've been to. I've got to add the last batch from this past week.

We just got back from driving to and flying back from FL.

Dennis
© 2024 Collector Forums