LighthouseKeepers.com

New to the Forums

Posted By: WildChild

New to the Forums - 08/11/02 06:19 PM

Hi everyone. I am new to the forums. My dad is a real Harbour Lights wacko though. He has over 120. I like the seahorses, they are real cool.

I like to go with him to take pictures of lighthouses, but sometimes he wants to stay to long. He usually takes more pictures of the lights than he does of us when we are on vacation. My sister and brothers don't like it when we have to stop at a lighthouse. They think its boring, but I like it. I like the book the Little Red Lighthouse and the Great Gray Bridge. I don't have any Harbour Lights myself yet but I buy Little Lights for my dad's birthday, fathers Day and Christmas. He realy likes that. He likes the forums a lot. He's always looking at them. Thought I would check it out to see what its like. The pictures some of you have taken are awsome! That's about all for now.

Jenna
Posted By: wheland

Re: New to the Forums - 08/11/02 07:05 PM

Jenna,

Welcome to the forums. Glad you decided to look us up.

I've had the same reaction to Lighthousing from my son- why are we doing this?

Have you ever been to the Lighthouse that inspired the book- Jeffrey's Hook, NY?

Here's a couple of pictures of it. The first one has my wife, Esther in it.

Hope you get to many more Lighthouses and if you have any quetions don't hesitate to ask them here. the people on this list are very helpful.

Dennis
Posted By: ktamlin

Re: New to the Forums - 08/11/02 08:15 PM

Jenna

Welcome to the forum. You will meet a lot of great people here and learn a wealth of information about lighthouses and the collecting of them. What you now need to do is get your dad to buy you a camera and you both take pictures of lighthouses.

Always nice to see young people getting interested in lighthousing.
Posted By: Dave H

Re: New to the Forums - 08/11/02 10:34 PM

Jenna,

Welcome to the Forums. You have chosen an interesting name - it could actually apply to several people here in the Forums! Drop by and keep in touch and let us know what your Dad is up to.

I am going to guess that you are Dale's daughter?

Dave
Posted By: berriesncream

Re: New to the Forums - 08/12/02 01:21 AM

Welcome to the Forums Jenna. My kids can certainly relate to your standing around while your Dad takes pictures. They stood around while their Dad focused and waited for the right light and got the right shot. Their Dad is flacoastie on the Forums.

Amy smile
Posted By: Chesapeake Bryan

Re: New to the Forums - 08/12/02 02:53 AM

Welcome to the forums Jenna. Hope to see you around here often.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: New to the Forums - 08/12/02 03:23 AM

Welcome aboard, Jenna! I hope you visit us often.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: New to the Forums - 08/12/02 04:03 AM

Hi Jenna, welcome to our family. BTW, we have threads on here that don`t have to be on lighthouses, so if you`ve got opinions on other things (or jokes) then let us hear them. cool

terry
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: New to the Forums - 08/12/02 06:52 AM

Welcome. Don't believe berriesncream about the kids not enjoying themselves. They loved every minute of the time I was taking pictures. I couldn't help it because the camera would cooperate. Post often. We would like to hear from you and get your opinions.

Rich cool
Posted By: jornfl

Re: New to the Forums - 08/13/02 12:33 AM

Welcome, Jenna smile , proves that one is never too young (or old) to love lighthouses! Aren't they great? laugh
Posted By: Ron

Re: New to the Forums - 08/13/02 01:13 AM

Welcome to the forum Jenna, Visit us often.........
Posted By: ape

Re: New to the Forums - 08/13/02 02:51 AM

Welcome Jenna! The Forum is a neat place to learn more about lighthouses! Tell dad you need a nice camera of your own so you too can photograph lighthouses... shocked )

John & Mary laugh
Posted By: Torchbearer

Re: New to the Forums - 08/13/02 02:58 AM

Welcome aboard Jenna. It's good to have another lighthouse lover amongst us!

Tim - Keeping the flame lit... smile
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: New to the Forums - 08/13/02 05:05 AM

Welcome, Jenna -- Have we met?
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: New to the Forums - 08/13/02 06:37 PM

Welcome Jenna!

My 7 year old son is starting to like lighthouses as much as me! We are heading to Florida in a few weeks and he can't wait! Last year he was too young to climb St. Augustine, but not now! That's all he's been talking about!

Hope to hear more from you in the future! We need some new younger people in here to keep this going for years to come!!! smile smile smile
Posted By: Elmer

Re: New to the Forums - 08/14/02 02:31 AM

Hi WildChild (Jenna):

Welcome to the forums from the great Great Lakes state of Meeeeechegan. Visiting and photographing lighthouses is something that my wife and I really enjoy, and seeing that you have a similar interest is great. I just wish that I would have gotten interested in lighthouses at an earlier age. Maintain your interest .... it'll give you great pleasure for the rest of your life.

Dan (aka Elmer)
a wascarry wabbit hunter wink
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: New to the Forums - 08/14/02 05:12 AM

Hello WildChild, glad to have you abord! We will all look farward to your posting here again soon.

Stephanie
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: New to the Forums - 08/15/02 01:43 AM

Welcome Jenna! My daughters won't even go near a lighthouse even though they buy them for me for birthdays, Father's day and the like. I really appreciate that. My grand-daughter on the other hand loves to come with her PAPA to see lighthouses. Great to have you with us.

Bert smile
Posted By: RFoster

Re: New to the Forums - 08/15/02 01:04 PM

Welcome Jenna and thank you for posting. I enjoyed reading your thoughts concerning visiting and photographing lighthouses with your Dad. It brought back some memories of vacations long ago. I hope to see more of your posts here on the Collector Forums.

Ron
(CT Keeper)
Posted By: rscroope

Re: New to the Forums - 08/15/02 01:54 PM

Hi Jenna,
Welcome to the Forums. Glad you enjoy it here. It's nice to here that you share an interest of lighthouses with your Dad.
Bob
Posted By: WildChild

Re: New to the Forums - 08/15/02 11:08 PM

Hi everyone, thanks for the welcomes. It was nice of you all to write to me. I told my dad about the camera thing. I think that was a good idea! laugh

Hey John I Did meet you by the way. My dad took me to your house awhile back. smile you've got alot of lighthouses too huh?

Dave H. you're right I am Dale's daughter. How'd you know?

Dennis, thanks for the pictures . I never have been to the lighthouse you mentioned.Maybe one day I'll see it though. cool

Jenna
Posted By: Dave H

Re: New to the Forums - 08/16/02 03:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by WildChild:
Dave H. you're right I am Dale's daughter. How'd you know?

Jenna
Look at my avatar - 20 years in the spy business and you sometimes remember the little bits of info you pick up here and there.... Also helps that I made a name badge for you, so I could confirm my suspicions.

I understand that you recently celebrated a birthday???? You didn't want to share this with your new extended family??????????????

Dave
Posted By: Gary Martin

Re: New to the Forums - 08/16/02 04:10 AM

Awww the name badge was cheating, Dave... What happened to the 20 years in the spy business???

Seriously though, Jenna, when you get a camera and are ready to start posting pics of lighthouses there's a great forum for that here as well.. Welcome!!!

Gary
Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: New to the Forums - 08/16/02 05:47 AM

Gary,

Jenna and I spent the better part of an hour checking out the photography forum. She is realy interested in getting a camera.

Thanks everyone for making her feel so welcome. She realy enjoyed your comments, pictures etc. She's realy the only child that shows any interest in my hobby. I think you will hear from her again. laugh

dale
|8{
© 2024 Collector Forums