LighthouseKeepers.com

greetings to all

Posted By: W1LCO

greetings to all - 03/23/02 09:31 PM

Hi John and fellow HL collectors!! I've been absent from the crowd for several years. My 3 XLarge curio cabinets are overfilled with HL lighthouses. They really ought to be thinned so the shelves don't collapse and to make room for lighthouses closer to my heart. Started collecting in the mid 90's. My husband's grandfather was a Keeper in various lighthouses on the West Coast and Alaska.

After AOL ended our buy-sell-trade posts on the bulletin boards several years back, I wondered where everyone was going to congregate. I haven't looked through this entire forum, but it looks like this is the place to be. I hope to sell ornaments(never displayed) and early lighthouses here in the next few months. All MIB of course. I've lost touch with what things are worth nowadays. Any helpful hints will be appreciated. My hope is to at least break even.
Warmest regards,
Susan Kinyon
Posted By: Bob M

Re: greetings to all - 03/23/02 11:47 PM

Welcome back, Susan! It's nice to see a few former members of the old AOL Board days coming back to the group. I wonder if AOL ever realized how many people they ticked off when they cut us off on "buy-sell-trades".

Oh well, such is life! Nice to see you back, Susan!

Bob
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: greetings to all - 03/24/02 12:44 AM

Welcome Susan.

terry
Posted By: wheland

Re: greetings to all - 03/24/02 12:57 AM

Welcome Susan.

Don't hesitate to look over the forums and please give us your thoughts also.

You may not have been active recently, but I'm sure you have insights that many of us do not have.

Dennis
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: greetings to all - 03/24/02 01:51 AM

Welcome back to the Forums. This is the place to be and to get questions answered. Check the marketplace out for prices. Prices are not what they use to be so don't be disappointed in what you see.

Rich
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: greetings to all - 03/24/02 03:32 AM

Welcome to the forums Susan. It's great to have you on board. I've got to ask, "Is your user name any indication that you might be or have been an amateur radio operator?"

Posted By: Torchbearer

Re: greetings to all - 03/24/02 04:24 AM

Hi Susan and welcome aboard. We are certainly glad you have found the best bunch of connected collectors ever.

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...
Posted By: shiulong

Re: greetings to all - 03/24/02 04:45 AM

Welcome Susan from down Texas way. It is great to have someone from the good ol' days. It will allow us new folks to tap into another source of information. I have always found the marketplace a great source for my collection. This whole site has been of great help and I look forward to your contributions.

Chuck

------------------
bigdragon
Posted By: beckitex

Re: greetings to all - 03/24/02 07:17 PM

Welcome Susan!

-------Becki
Posted By: Todd Shorkey

Re: greetings to all - 03/24/02 09:43 PM

Welcome back aboard Susan!

It is great to have you here and we look forward to your posts

-Todd

[This message has been edited by Todd Shorkey (edited 03-24-2002).]
Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: greetings to all - 03/24/02 11:39 PM

Welcome Susan,

Yes the collectors forum is the place to be. St. John and the rest of us wackos have a great time sharing information, debating issues and just gabbing about Harbour Lights. Glad to have someone with your experience with Harbour lights join in. This is the best site on the internet.

I am looking forward to reading your posts so please don't be shy. Take care and post often!!

Dale
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: greetings to all - 03/25/02 07:25 PM

Welcome Susan! You couldn't have been more right about this being the place to be when it comes to Harbour Lights! Sounds like you have the lots of experience in the past collecting these figurines! So, climb aboard and don't be a stranger!
Posted By: Pharologst

Re: greetings to all - 03/25/02 09:03 PM

Posted By: Chesapeake Bryan

Re: greetings to all - 03/26/02 06:11 AM

Welcome Susan!
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: greetings to all - 03/27/02 12:59 AM

Glad you came back to join us Susan. Hello form South Alabama. We will all look farward to your posts.

Stephanie
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: greetings to all - 03/28/02 05:15 AM

Welcome Susan to the best L/H Forum around.
Lots of friendly L/H lovers in this group who are always willing to trade information.

Happy Lighthousing

Harry
© 2024 Collector Forums