LighthouseKeepers.com

Jerry's Surgery

Posted By: Nana

Jerry's Surgery - 09/30/05 03:23 AM

My husband is going to have Cervical surgery to remove, repair, and rebuild the area around the 4th and 5th cervical disc, on Monday, Oct. 3rd. After many years of pain and discomfort, he believes that he was led to this doctor and that after the recuperation time, four weeks, he will be relieved of his pain.

I would ask that you pray for the doctor, during the surgery, and for Jerry to get the relief from the discomforted he has lived with for the last few years.
Thank You all,
Derith
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 09/30/05 03:35 AM

Derith,

My thoughts and prayers with be with your husband tomorrow. Keep the faith.

bobo
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 09/30/05 03:48 AM

You've got it, Derith. May God surround all who are caring for Jerry -- including you.
Posted By: DMancini

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 09/30/05 04:16 AM

My thoughts and prayers with be with you and Jerry tomorrow. I hope the surgery relieves his pain.

Best wishes.
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 09/30/05 01:26 PM

OUr thoughts and prayers for Jerry and all of you on Monday and in the weeks to come.

Bert & Sharon
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 09/30/05 01:52 PM

Derith,
Our thoughts and prayers will be with you, Jerry, and health providers for a successful surgery.
Bob & MaryAnn
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 09/30/05 02:14 PM

May Jerry have a speedy recovery.
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 09/30/05 02:18 PM

This kind of surgery is great and does releive the pain. I had similar surgery in the lumber region and it meant I could walk again. So I know how Jerry feels!
You are in my prayers and so are the surgeons and their teams!
God bless
Margret smile
Posted By: wheland

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 09/30/05 04:43 PM

Nana,

Consider it done. You and yours are in my thoughts this weekend.

Dennis
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 09/30/05 05:29 PM

Your both in our prayers for this surgery.
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 09/30/05 09:01 PM

Derith, our prayers are with your family and the doctors that will be doing the surgery. Many of our friends have prayers circles and I will ask that he be added to them. Take care, and God be with you all. Love & hugs,
Ruthie & Terry smile
Posted By: RoyMcB

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 10/02/05 06:25 AM

Derith,

You and Jerry wil be in our prayers tonight, Monday and always. Here is a huge hug for you both laugh laugh Take care.

Carolyn
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 10/02/05 02:01 PM

Derith, you and Jerry will be in our thoughts and prayers during the surgery and for a complete and pain free recovery..

Sue and Paul
Posted By: seagirt

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 10/02/05 03:05 PM

You and Jerry are in my thoughts, prayers, etc. I've heard what a world of difference these kinds of surgeries make in people's lives.

Best wishes for tommorrow... smile
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 10/02/05 08:30 PM

Derith, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband, and his doctor. I pray for a complete recovery for Jerry.

Judy
Posted By: WisKeeper

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 10/02/05 08:34 PM

I hope all goes well for Jerry in surgery!

Let me know how this works because this is the same area that I have trouble with, the 4th and 5th cervical discs (spinal stenosis and degenerative disease). I was told that this was a very difficult area to do surgery on.
Posted By: Kat

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 10/02/05 09:03 PM

Derith & Jerry
You and your family as well as the doctors and nurses will be in our prayer that your surgery is successful and your recovery is fast and easy. God Bless You both, lots of good wishes flowing your direction.
smile smile

Kat and Larry
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 10/03/05 01:17 AM

Dear Derith and Jerry,

The very best is ahead for both of you! Please keep us posted on your progress towards good health!

Sending lots of good wishes and prayers your way!

Mary and Herm
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 10/04/05 05:30 AM

Derith...we hope the surgery went as well as possible for Jerry today. We're wishing him a speedy recovery.

John & Lorie
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 10/04/05 05:35 AM

Spoke with Derith earlier this evening. The surgery went well, and it sounds like Jerry is expected to make a good recovery. They will send him home tomorrow (Tuesday). She asked that everyone keep Jerry in your thoughts and prayers.

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 10/12/05 04:10 AM

We have been a tad busy around the Bennett household since the surgery. From all indications, the surgery was a great success. The actual job took about four hours, after a night and full day in the hospital they let him come home. Jerry has followed the orders from his doctor and is progressing beautifully.

You know how surgery is these days, a small incision was cut in the front of his neck, everything between there and his spine was pushed aside and the surgeon did her job and he was sewn back up. I declare if you did not know he had it done, you could not find the incision.

A week later and Jerry is taking it easy but has resumed some of the daily routines. He is not back at work, but is working on the computer. He is still not Bending, Leaning, or Turning his neck. A stiff neck brace helps. No driving for four weeks. The biggest restraint is that he will not be able to ski in Jan. when we go on our yearly trip with the family.

It is too early to tell about the pain, but he has not complained of much. We are grateful that God looked over him and the surgeon during the operation and covet all of your prayers and telephone calls. All of you are truly a gift from God.

Derith
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 10/12/05 06:59 AM

I'm so glad to hear that the surgery went well and Jerry is now on his way to mending. Our love and prayers will still be coming your way.
Ruthie & Terry smile
Posted By: DMancini

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 10/12/05 12:40 PM

Great news Derith! I hope Jerry gets stronger every day and pain never returns.
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 10/12/05 01:12 PM

Great news Derith. OUr thoughts and prayers wil continue for a complete recovery.

Bert & Sharon

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 11/02/05 12:19 PM

Well, it is four weeks after the surgery. The surgeon released Jerry to go back to work. He is so happy with the results of the surgery and the pain, that he had for 10 years, is gone. Thanks for all the prayers and concern during this time.
Derith
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 11/02/05 03:16 PM

Great news Derith and Jerry!
laugh -Bob & MaryAnn
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 11/02/05 04:52 PM

Nice to hear that Jerry is back to a normal existence. If you have your health, you have everything!

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Lighthouse Duo

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 11/02/05 09:30 PM

Well done Jerry! That recovery was a lot quicker than mine! But good to hear you mended!!!
Keep it up!
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Jerry's Surgery - 11/02/05 09:39 PM

That's great news Derith & Jerry!

From two people with bad backs,
Sue & Paul
© 2024 Collector Forums