LighthouseKeepers.com

Look Out New York......

Posted By: Jake's Mom

Look Out New York...... - 12/19/02 03:52 AM

...There's a Hoosier coming to town. Stephen will be coming in the fall of 2003 to add a little midwestern flair to the city of Syracuse. That's right, he has been accepted to Syracuse University. He plans on majoring in Broadcast Journalism. As you can imagine we are really happy for him. Grandpa wishes he would have gone to college closer to home. He's really going to miss the time they spend together. He has already told Stephen that he has to call him every day. Sue and JJ, we would like to thank you for suggesting Syracuse to us. And Sue, if Stephen comes home and says, "It's 4:00, do you want a drink?" We'll know where he's been hanging out. So we would like to say, Congratulations Stephen!!! Thank you for continuing to make us proud.

Cheryl & Paul
Posted By: JJ

Re: Look Out New York...... - 12/19/02 04:13 AM

We welcome Stephen to Central New York and wish him the best for the next four years. We will do everything in our power to make him feel at home. Congrats Jakers! JJ
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Look Out New York...... - 12/19/02 04:54 AM

Way To Go, Jakers!
Go Orangemen!

Congratulations!
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Look Out New York...... - 12/19/02 05:18 AM

Congratulations, Stephen! Glad you got your first choice.

JJ, don't think Paul & Cheryl want you guys to make him feel too at home. They couldn't afford the bar bill on top of everything else.

Dave
Posted By: mombo

Re: Look Out New York...... - 12/19/02 05:30 AM

Congratulations Kid! We knew you could do it! smile
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Look Out New York...... - 12/19/02 08:28 AM

CONGRATS' TO YOU STEPHEN... We knew you could do it!!! cool cool And Cheryl, you & Paul have much to be proud with such a great Son.
Ruthie smile
Posted By: Torchbearer

Re: Look Out New York...... - 12/19/02 10:50 AM

Congratulations Stephen! I'm sure you are going to make a great Broadcast Journalist!

Tim - Keeping the flame lit... smile
Posted By: Digger

Re: Look Out New York...... - 12/19/02 02:41 PM

WAY TO GO STEPHEN!!!!!

Syracuse is a good school (of course ND is a GREAT school) Good luck and don't forget us other Hoosier's stuck here in no-mans land. See ya on TV!! smile
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Look Out New York...... - 12/19/02 03:30 PM

Congratulation Stephen(Jakers), Cheryl and Paul.
Enjoy the experience just enough to graduate in 4 years. It's nice to get that early acceptance. What a great present, now you can enjoy the rest of your Senior year.
Bob
Posted By: dkhemming

Re: Look Out New York...... - 12/19/02 04:12 PM

Congratulations!!!! Watch Out New York, Stephen is coming to make his mark.
Syracuse, Wow. It's wonderful to get your first choice. Now that's a Christmas present.
Enjoy the rest of your Senior year.
Dave & Kate
Posted By: Sunshine

Re: Look Out New York...... - 12/19/02 10:22 PM

Congratulations, Stephen!!!
Judy
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Look Out New York...... - 12/20/02 03:49 AM

Way to go, Jakers!!!

Sue & Paul
Posted By: Chesapeake Bryan

Re: Look Out New York...... - 12/20/02 05:24 AM

Congratulations Stephen!
Posted By: RRohweder

Re: Look Out New York...... - 12/22/02 06:45 AM

Congratulations Stephen! That's great. I'm sure you'll do great at college.
smile
Rich
Posted By: ktamlin

Re: Look Out New York...... - 12/22/02 07:13 AM

Congratulations Stephen. What a wonderful Christmas present. I bet you are thrilled and I know that your parents are proud of you.

Best of luck.
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Look Out New York...... - 12/22/02 10:22 PM

Congratulations, Stephen

Way to go! Nice to know this far in advance so that you can get ready way ahead of time. GOOD LUCK and keep us posted on Syracuse! Must be some lighthouses in that area.

Bert smile
Posted By: Jake

Re: Look Out New York...... - 12/24/02 11:32 PM

Thanks everyone! I was so happy to get in there! I LOVED it there, and am exicted about being able to go. Thank you to my parents, too. If it was for them and how supportive of everything I do over the years, I don't think I could have done it. Thank you!

GO ORANGEMEN!!!! smile
Posted By: Bill Harnsberger

Re: Look Out New York...... - 12/26/02 08:42 PM

Enjoy every minute of it. My 4 years at Otterbein College in Ohio went by faster than any other period of my life. It's really the one block of time I would gladly live over again.
Posted By: eskilady

Re: Look Out New York...... - 12/26/02 10:22 PM

There are a couple of lighthouses within a couple of hours drive from Syracuse but none in Syracuse itself. Selkirk, Cape Vincent, Oswego are to the north; the ones in Ithaca are to the south and the ones on the Hudson River are about 4 hours to the east.

Eskilady
© 2024 Collector Forums