LighthouseKeepers.com

Kid Did Well at the County Fair!

Posted By: Dave H

Kid Did Well at the County Fair! - 07/26/04 05:30 AM

Earlier this month our daughter Heather participated in her final 4-H COunty Fair. For the last 8 or so years she has had an excellent run with her basket projects. Odd numbered years she has been Reserve Champion, even numbered years she has been Grand Champion. This year she went out in a grand way, taking Grand Chamnpion, the Best of Show trophy for the upper classes, and was selected as the only State Fair entry for baskets from our county.

I do have to say that this was an awesome basket - you have to see it in person to really appreciate it, but here are a couple pictures to give you an idea:

Heather also received her Ten Year Award for 4-H. (Kids have only a 10 year window to participate, and those that complete projects in each of 10 successive years are so recognized.)

She was also selected by the State Farm Bureau to receive the Tenure Award which is awarded to one boy and one girl in each county. This award recognizes kids that continue to participate, the projects they take, their success and achievement.

Cleaned up very nicely, but still had to maintain the comfort level . . . . .

At least they were dressy flip-flops.
Posted By: Shirin

Re: Kid Did Well at the County Fair! - 07/26/04 12:50 PM

Congrats Heather! That is an outstanding basket. Having made a couple of baskets, I know that she put alot of work into that entry! Wow! Hey Dave, does she take basket orders yet? That would look great in my Patriotic bedroom. smile
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Kid Did Well at the County Fair! - 07/26/04 03:30 PM

What a beauty! (And the basket's pretty nice too!)

Congrats to Heather (and her Parents.)
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Kid Did Well at the County Fair! - 07/26/04 06:38 PM

Very nice Heather. Your basket looks beautiful. laugh How did you get into basket weaving? You accomplished alot in 10 years.

Congrats to Heather and for all the love and support from her parents as well.
Posted By: Nana

Re: Kid Did Well at the County Fair! - 07/27/04 03:24 AM

Princess Hannum, you look gorgeous in pink!

The basket is a work of art!! I'm so glad that you were recognized for all your tenacity and years of 4-Hing. I agree with Shirin...when do you begin taking orders?

Derith
Posted By: 2beacons

Re: Kid Did Well at the County Fair! - 07/27/04 04:05 AM

WAY TO GO HEATHER!!!!!!!!

I like the flip flop touch smile

Mary and Jeff
Posted By: pierhead

Re: Kid Did Well at the County Fair! - 07/27/04 04:19 AM

That's great! I'll be looking for her basket at the State Fair. Congratulations Heather!
Posted By: Larry R

Re: Kid Did Well at the County Fair! - 07/27/04 06:15 AM

Congrats Heather!

I don't know about anyone else, but these pictures sure makes me feel a little older. I can remember Bill having her help out at my first couple of HL events, she sure has grown up smile
Posted By: keeperpam2

Re: Kid Did Well at the County Fair! - 07/27/04 06:05 PM

Way to go Heather!
Posted By: Larry

Re: Kid Did Well at the County Fair! - 07/28/04 03:55 AM

Way to go Heather! The basket is beautiful.
Posted By: Twiggy

Re: Kid Did Well at the County Fair! - 07/28/04 06:07 AM

Very Good Heather
Congrats smile Way To Go laugh
Keep the Dress AND Flip Flops cool
Posted By: DANIEL

Re: Kid Did Well at the County Fair! - 07/28/04 01:38 PM

Congratulations Dave and Heather.
Fantastic Basket.
How did she learn to make such a neat basket.
Did you teach her, Dave?

My four kids are also in 4-H.
As Dave and Heather showed us there is a lot more to 4-H than raising chickens.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Kid Did Well at the County Fair! - 07/28/04 05:54 PM

Congrats, Heather on your accomplishment. Now get Dad to open up a website where you can offer your work for sale. Tell him you will give him free parking and 10% of the profits after expenses.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Digger

Re: Kid Did Well at the County Fair! - 07/29/04 03:01 AM

Very big WOW!!! Way to go Heather. Just goes to show Hoosiers are the best!!! laugh
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: Kid Did Well at the County Fair! - 07/29/04 03:17 AM

Congratulations Heather! Someday you might be as infamous – excuse me – as FAMOUS – as your Dad. Are you the one who was able to smack that penguin into the next century?

Bob
© 2024 Collector Forums