LighthouseKeepers.com

USCGC Mackinaw

Posted By: Digger

USCGC Mackinaw - 01/07/06 07:02 PM

With everything that has happened lately with HL's can anyone tell me if they are still planning on producing the Mackinaw? I asked this question in another thread and with no answer it had me wondering.
Posted By: Bob M

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 01/07/06 08:19 PM

I have no idea, Digger. I'm not privy to that info. Maybe someone here knows the facts and will share it with us.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 01/07/06 08:19 PM

Digger, I will ask Harry the next time I talk to him , but I feel sure that it is still in the plans.. Probably later this year (2006) was what I remember was said at the Reunion..
Posted By: Bob Ott

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 01/07/06 11:15 PM

Paul,

I also overheard Harry talking about it at the Reunion. But who knows? I sure hope the Mackinaw becomes a reality for the collectors.

bobo
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 01/08/06 06:51 AM

That would be super! The Mackinaw is one of the great memories of the Michigan reunion, especially for those of us who were on the pre-post bus tour because we were privileged to board her. We could display her right along with all of our other reunion memorabilia!
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 01/08/06 02:46 PM

If they do the Mackinaw I sure hope it is the original Mackinaw instead of the new Mackinaw. Had anyone heard which version?
Posted By: Dave H

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 01/08/06 04:42 PM

It is Big Mac.

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 01/08/06 07:34 PM

Dave is correct -- at least as far as I know. I overheard "Original" while at the Reunion.

bobo

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 01/08/06 08:27 PM

Outstanding. The original Mackinaw along with the "Wind" Class and "Polar" Class Icebreakers were my responsibility during my last duty station at CG Headquarters. I was responsible for the electronics package on those icebreakers. The Mackinaw was special to me along with the Eagle which I was also responsible for. I also had the 82' and 95' Patrol Boats, the Buoy Tenders(133' 157' and 180'), 255' and 327' WHECs and all the small boats(30',40',44 and the ATON boats. There were two of us responsible for the CG vessels so we kept pretty busy. The other Warrant had all the rest of the vessels. That is why the inflatable life raft and some of the new boats don't turn me on at all. Give me an older cutter or breaker anytime for the look over these new cutters.

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 01/08/06 09:06 PM

The "Original" plan was for two different versions, a LE and a OE AB..

The two versions were on display in the room where the opportunity drawing lighthouses were being displayed..

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 01/08/06 09:48 PM

Paul,

Thanks for the pictures.

bobo

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 01/09/06 07:14 AM

Wonderful pictures, Paul. I sure hope HL does this.
Posted By: ericlighthouse

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 01/10/06 03:41 AM

Great pictures.

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 01/10/06 02:56 PM

When should we expect the reality depicted in those great pics to become a reality at the dealers?

confused Bob confused

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 04/18/06 10:58 PM

Any news on the Mac pieces lately? Sure would have been nice if they had them for the decommissioning ceremony.

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 04/18/06 11:36 PM

Here's the latest Digger... This is the paint sample of the red version...

It sits lower in the ice than the one's shown at the reunion...
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 04/19/06 12:24 AM

Quote:
If they do the Mackinaw I sure hope it is the original Mackinaw instead of the new Mackinaw.
I'm thrilled with these two...but...
I think it would be really cool to have a model of the 'Baby Mac' to go with them. laugh
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 04/19/06 02:11 AM

The "Little Mac" ONLY if it's to scale to the Big Mac IMHO.
Posted By: seagirt

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 04/19/06 03:17 AM

Maybe an LSOM..."This Little Ship of Mine." laugh

It'd be cool to have them all together. If I got one, I'd get the white one. I like the white scheme more than the red. Not that I'll be getting one anytime soon (can't afford the $50 HLs, let alone the $100 ones).

But it looks REALLY cool.

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 04/19/06 03:22 AM

I agree, John. That would be a cool display! Greg, I like the white, too, but have to go with only one. It was red when we toured it, so I will probably get that one - but the white one is verrrry tempting.

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 04/19/06 01:47 PM

I will buy both providing my dealer can get the white one for me.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 04/19/06 02:47 PM

I've been waiting for this one. I can't wait. Any idea when they might be shipping?

Mike

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 04/19/06 03:53 PM

I would expect mid June.
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 04/19/06 05:20 PM

Would be nice, and timely, if it were out prior to June 9th.
Posted By: regalhobo

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 04/19/06 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by seagirt:
Maybe an LSOM..."This Little Ship of Mine." laugh

It'd be cool to have them all together. If I got one, I'd get the white one. I like the white scheme more than the red. Not that I'll be getting one anytime soon (can't afford the $50 HLs, let alone the $100 ones).

But it looks REALLY cool.
Thats a great idea Greg especially as I collect them the most. I'm really just starting to branch out to the LE's. Very slowly and just for that reason. But I do like these two pieces and it'll be hard not to get them both.

smile cool .

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 04/19/06 11:33 PM

Oh yes!!!! Looks MUCH better low in the water. I always thought the reunion samples looked, well, kinda wierd if you ask me. John, that is a great improvement over the previous "bobbers".
Posted By: TDSimpson

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 05/14/06 07:45 PM

Does anyone know what the price will be for each of the Mackinaws.
Posted By: bright eyes

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 05/14/06 07:54 PM

My dealer said $99.00 each....

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 05/16/06 12:38 AM

That's what GLLKA told me when I ordered mine. Of course, by the time we get the cases and nameplates, it will add up. Mine will have shipping charges, as well.
Posted By: Brindfan

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 07/08/06 08:32 PM

Does Rich make the brass name plates?

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 07/08/06 09:11 PM

I don't make the brass plates but I have an excellent source for these plates. The plates are made of a material that looks just like brass on a nylon backplate. They are the same size as the original brass plates that came with Anchor Bay ships and even have the Anchor Bay Logo etched on the plate. The plates are $16.00 including shipping. I am going to have my plates made up to made like this:

USCGC MACKINAW
"290' Great Lakes WAGB"
112/4000

and

USCGC MACKINAW
"290' Great Lakes WAGB"
112/500

The lettering will be centered of course and will show up black on the brass background. They are professionally done by a trophy place and look like the original brass plates.

I will be ordering my plates during the middle of August timeframe. Anybody that wants a nameplate can send me an email now to flacoastie@worldnet.att.net and about 2 weeks before I place my order I will let you know and you can send me a money order with the total amount($16.00 for each plate) to me. If your interested please don't wait until after I order as it is simpler(and cheaper) to do a one time set up and run several. Individual orders are $19.00 each. You can also order brass plates for other Anchor Bays and they will still be $16.00 as long as they are also ordered at this time.

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 07/19/06 01:28 AM

Lighthouse Depot is now sold out of the red hull Mackinaws.
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 07/19/06 02:48 PM

Quote:
Lighthouse Depot is now sold out of the red hull Mackinaws.
The Red hull or the white hull? The white hull was only 500 pieces, the Red is 4000. It would be hard to believe that ther red hulls are gone, unless they mean until the next shipment?

Mike
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 07/19/06 04:23 PM

Seems very unlikely, I'm getting confirmation and will post it later today.

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 07/19/06 04:29 PM

Both have been removed from their website. The white hull Macs were removed after only five days. The red hulled Macs were removed as of Monday.

I don't believe LD gets to sell all 4000(or 3900, since GLLKA got 100), I'm sure other dealers got their fair share.

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 07/19/06 04:32 PM

These were the links to the Mackinaws on the LD website:

Red:

http://www.lhdepot.com/Order.cfm?orderitem=43118

White:

http://www.lhdepot.com/order.cfm?orderitem=43118W

100 posts! laugh

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 07/19/06 04:42 PM

It is very possible that LD sold out of the red hulls they ordered. Doesn't mean that they can't order more, but they may have sold all that will be available with the initial shipment to be in sometime soon. The next round may not be available for a while so they may have taken the listing out of their currently available stuff.

There are other sources for the models, both white and red hull.

BTW, neither of those links is valid, but congratulations on #100.

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 07/19/06 04:54 PM

That's why I said they "were" the LD links to the Mackinaws. smile

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 07/19/06 07:23 PM

Way to go, Brindfan! Only 398 more to go. Goes quickly, doesn't it?

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 07/20/06 08:58 PM

Yes it does.

Found a couple of places online that still have red Mackinaws. No one has white hulled Macs though.

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 07/20/06 10:43 PM

You just have to know where to look to find them.
Posted By: SDudley

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 07/21/06 09:49 PM

Brindfan, Have you tryed The Bronze Lady of Orlando? Just got a flyer and he said he still had one.
Posted By: Jim Awrey

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 07/24/06 04:45 PM

We just had our last "white hull" reserved this morning, so add us to the growing list of dealers that are already sold out of them.

Jim

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 07/24/06 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SDudley:
Brindfan, Have you tryed The Bronze Lady of Orlando? Just got a flyer and he said he still had one.
I'm not looking for a white hulled Mac. I could only afford one and I chose the red hull.

I'm just trying to keep tabs on how fast this collectable sells out. I believe it will probably be the most popular AB ship ever.

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 07/24/06 05:44 PM

The original AB would be hard to beat Brindfan.. The Chesapeake Special Edition (4,000) sold out to dealers upon introduction and they went flying off the shelves, plus the regular edition Chesapeake AB (open) has sold quite a few also..

Re: USCGC Mackinaw - 08/16/06 03:48 AM

Son of a......

#@%&*%#@#@*&%$#*$%#@@#!!!!!!!

From Lighthouse Depot:

Item #43118 USCGC Mackinaw Icebreaker Red H is currently on backorder. Expected shipping date is 09/15/2006.

Here we go again!

Why the hell does this keep happening with Lighthouse Depot and Harbour Lights?????
© 2024 Collector Forums