LighthouseKeepers.com

Fort Point

Posted By: AZlightkeeper

Fort Point - 06/14/03 05:49 PM

I received mine on Thursday, and it's a great piece! It is worth at least twice the price of member dues! I did not do so well with the edition number (4740) when I renewed on March first. The brick and metal work on this is awesome! A job well done, Harbour Lights! I ordered East Brother the same day and am looking forward to that piece, wondering how I will do on the edition number with that one? If you have not renewed your membership, this piece is well worth it! laugh
Posted By: Larry

Re: Fort Point - 06/14/03 06:28 PM

Jim,

I'd say you did well on the number. I have a multi-year, and my number is higher than yours!
Posted By: pierhead

Re: Fort Point - 06/15/03 05:40 PM

Multi-schmulti...they pay no attention to how long you've been a member unless you call and request/demand a better number. I've been a member for 5 or 6 years now, and I've gotten member pieces anywhere from 795 to 21,000.
Posted By: wheland

Re: Fort Point - 06/15/03 06:26 PM

In reality unless you are on autoship what real difference does the number make.

The number is even less of an issue than the box question. If I had my way all of mine would have an 8 or a variation of 8 on them, but as for the intrinsic value to anyone else- the number very seldom matters.

Saying that I like a low number too, but i don't lose any sleep over it. smile

Unlikely to happen since I've gotten that notice of "something" being shipped from CA.

Dennis
Posted By: buster

Re: Fort Point - 06/15/03 06:56 PM

Waiting for mine frown
Posted By: pierhead

Re: Fort Point - 06/16/03 12:38 AM

I'm in complete agreement with you Dennis.
Posted By: shiulong

Re: Fort Point - 06/17/03 11:33 PM

At least you have yours, I haven't received mine yet. My members pieces are in and they are in the high 2000. It's a good thing I don't place much stock in numbers. I put more importance in the box.

Still waiting frown
Chuck
Posted By: TDSimpson

Re: Fort Point - 06/18/03 01:04 AM

We received our Fort Point today and it is a nicely detailed piece especially for the Society gift. In reference to numbers, we went from #52 in 2002 to #11935 this year. Didn't get an error piece this year either. Life is still good though.

Tom & Diane
Posted By: Mac

Re: Fort Point - 06/18/03 03:10 AM

We received our Fort Point today. My question is: are there seahorses on the members'pieces. I have some,just don't remember. I can't locate one on this piece.
Posted By: kikigl

Re: Fort Point - 06/18/03 06:18 PM

Received my Fort Point last week. Was really pleased with it.
Also picked up my East Brother yesterday. That is a beautiful piece!! No wonder I can't stop
collecting, even though I'm running out of space!
Didn't know when I moved into a condo that I would
be collecting Harbour Lights!
Posted By: wheland

Re: Fort Point - 06/18/03 06:37 PM

I just got my fort Point about 10 minutes ago.

I was not surprised by the number- #11299.

I also got an extra- a Marshall Point Ornament. That's a nice surprise!

I agree with the thoughts on the piece itself- a very nicely done Fort Point. I agree that it's worth twice the price of the membership by itself.

I may have to rethink my decision not to get East Brothers. It looks better each time i see it.

Dennis
Posted By: Jazzer

Re: Fort Point - 06/18/03 11:56 PM

Dennis,

You know you want it. Get it.
I did and I am not sorry.

Signed "Harbour Lightsaholic" ANONYMOUS
Posted By: Tim3167

Re: Fort Point - 06/19/03 12:30 AM

Got mine in the mail yesterday. I love this piece! The free gift pieces are a great size for smaller lights. I miss when the event pieces were similar. I also got a suprise of an included St. Augustine ornament. Thanks Harbour Lights!
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Fort Point - 06/19/03 01:07 AM

Mine came in today and my number is 11015. Very nice addition to the other member pieces from the past. Dennis, I agree that East Brothers is looking better each time I see it. I think one of them is going to find a home here with me.

Bert smile
Posted By: buster

Re: Fort Point - 06/19/03 06:34 AM

Got my Fort Point today with #10553 and a surprise gift of Marshall Point LH ornament. smile
Posted By: Bill Bowen

Re: Fort Point - 06/20/03 12:49 AM

My Fort Point arrived 5/29/03, #6664. Great detail! Also included was a Tybee Island, Ga ornament., nice surprise!
Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: Fort Point - 07/07/03 11:31 AM

I,ve had my Fort Point for a month and just found the Marshall Point ornament. Glad I finally checked the forums. I would have missed it completely if I hadn't read about it in this thread. eek

Dale
Posted By: Rock

Re: Fort Point - 07/07/03 10:04 PM

Still waiting in NoCal for a supposed low-number piece (assuming the orange card actually meant something)...
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: Fort Point - 07/08/03 07:13 PM

I just checked with Harbour Lights and the lower numbered Society lighthouses start shipping tomorrow!!!

Re: Fort Point - 07/08/03 07:39 PM

That is good news since I haven't got mine yet. smile smile smile smile

Chuck
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Fort Point - 07/09/03 01:17 AM

I didn't see Paul's post, called HL myself and was told it would be 2-3 weeks.

Oh, well...
Posted By: Lorie Roe

Re: Fort Point - 07/10/03 01:50 AM

I just received an e-mail from HL's saying my shipment was expected to arrive in UT on July 11.
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Fort Point - 07/10/03 01:52 AM

Got my email from HL saying Ft. Point would be delivered 16 July. Happy to see this.
Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: Fort Point - 07/11/03 08:05 AM

I must have one of the highest numbers since I've had mine for a while. 11,871. Diana renews my membership everyyear for fathers day. I guess that might explain why I got mine so early. They must have shipped the higher numbers first. laugh
Posted By: Jazzer

Re: Fort Point - 07/11/03 01:43 PM

I renewed my membership on 4/29.The transaction cleared my card today. Hope this means Fort Point is on the way soon.
Posted By: Rock

Re: Fort Point - 07/11/03 04:12 PM

#456 arrived yesterday in NoCal.
Posted By: Dick Johnson

Re: Fort Point - 07/15/03 02:16 AM

My society package arrived today with #284 Fort Point. Although the piece is small, this is the type of piece that I like to get. It focuses on the tower, and the detail. It is a very nice little piece that contains excellent painting, is very detailed, and very good metalwork. My favorite paart is the spiral staircase to the tower and the detail in the stairs. Overall this is more than worth the cost of the membership, well done HL.
Posted By: Bob48

Re: Fort Point - 07/17/03 05:35 PM

Mine finally came yesterday. I guess 1500 is a low number, considering my first year membership piece was in the 23,000s. Also got a Ship John Shoal DE ornament. The Ft Point may be a small piece (the box certainly is) but the light itself is quite large compared to some other LEs. Love the rust and the stairs! Is this the first piece on which the label covers nearly the entire base?

Re: Fort Point - 07/17/03 06:08 PM

Mine arrived yesterday and looks great and I got #1197, which out of 80,000 is low. I say 80,000 since my membership number is #82023. My Christmas ornament was Old Mac, which is one I don't have. I should think there might be a lot of trading going on if people got duplicates of ones they already have. It would have been nice if Bill had signed a few as an added little treat. When I won my A/P last year I ask them to have Bill sign it and he did. But there are really to many of these ornaments for him to sig them all. I also received duplicates of my redemption certificates. Does this mean I can get 2?
Posted By: Medicman

Re: Fort Point - 07/17/03 08:32 PM

ordered this back in March.... they were suppose to run the card in May.... I finally received Fort Point today. I did get a low # 1436 smile but the bottom of the box was empty... no ornament or surprise frown
But I do really like the piece and the detail work on it.
So you think HL will some day run out of that blue paint and start using little pieces of plexiglass for the windows????
Hey Shiulong,
As for the duplicate redemption coupons, if you'll notice on them, one copy is for you and the other copy is for the dealer.

Re: Fort Point - 07/18/03 01:23 AM

Gee, that means I would actually have to read the thing! laugh I was so busy showing everyone Fort Point I just passed over the rest. eek

Chuck
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Fort Point - 07/18/03 03:25 AM

82023 is probably not your membership number, but rather your customer number.
Posted By: mombo

Re: Fort Point - 07/18/03 03:43 AM

Got mine today, #749, also a Cape Elizabeth ornie. I already have that one but since I just saw the Twin Lights maybe I could do a little creative work on this 2nd ornie and have my own version of this pair of lighthouses? eek

One nice thing about this piece - I managed to fit it into my display pretty easily due to the small footprint. Also the box won't take up much room. smile
Posted By: Lighthouser

Re: Fort Point - 07/18/03 12:43 PM

Sue...whould you like to trade with me? I have most of the ornaments, but Cape Elizabeth is one I don't have.

Is there one that you don't have you might like to trade me for?

The one that came with my Fort Point was also a duplicate for me...but yet, a nice surprize!

Judy smile
Posted By: Elmer

Re: Fort Point - 07/18/03 02:12 PM

I really like the piece .... small, nicely detailed and has a somewhat exquisite paint job. I say somewhat because one of the eight vee-shaped flooring pieces on the underside has about half the paint missing and silver metal shows. Maybe I have an error version, LOL??

The number of the piece is #7119 and mine came with a Tybee ornament. smile

Dan
© 2024 Collector Forums