Re: HL375 Saginaw River Rear Range Close-up Images - 09/18/09 04:11 AM

Paul, Outstanding photos as always!
Posted By: Lighthouse Loon

Re: HL375 Saginaw River Rear Range Close-up Images - 09/18/09 04:48 AM

Another fantastic piece !!!

Great pics Paul !!!
Posted By: TDSimpson

Re: HL375 Saginaw River Rear Range Close-up Images - 09/18/09 10:02 PM

Very nice pictures Paul of a nicely done piece. I still can not see why the price of it is so high.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: HL375 Saginaw River Rear Range Close-up Images - 09/18/09 10:50 PM

I don't know what makes the costs what they are, but this light has a lot of metal work and a ton of detail in it. I would imagine the porch/deck is one thing that really adds to the cost of the Saginaw Light.

I do know that it is one of the best lights that came out this year as far as craftsmanship goes, if not the best one.. It is very well done!

The real lighthouse is a really tough one to get a look at, the group on the bus trip from the Reunion were very lucky to get a tour. Sue and I have been trying for years and the best I have done is a view from across the river, so far..

Bus Trip
Posted By: SDudley

Re: HL375 Saginaw River Rear Range Close-up Images - 09/18/09 10:56 PM

I suspect this will become the standard price for a piece constructed with this level of detail. If you want it cheaper it would have to be made more in the manner of the new Sarbine Pass which is not open under the keeper’s quarters and does not have a separate piece for the railing around the lantern room. I have been told it was made this way to keep the cost down and it does in fact sell for a lot less.
© 2024 Collector Forums