LighthouseKeepers.com

Northern Lights - Light show this weekend

Posted By: Anonymous

Northern Lights - Light show this weekend - 03/31/01 01:03 AM

If you live in the northern part of the country you may be in for a spectacular light show this weekend. If you are in an area with clear skies and can get some pictures, show them off here. A slow speed (100 speed) fine grain film would be good for this type of photography.
http://www.nandotimes.com/noframes/story/0,2107,500469005-500717547-503990895-0,00.html
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Northern Lights - Light show this weekend - 03/31/01 01:05 AM

From another post - If you can't get there to see this, there are some great photos on line at:

http://www.spaceweather.com/aurora/gallery_20mar01.html

Re: Northern Lights - Light show this weekend - 03/31/01 02:45 AM

Those are some great pictures, Also there is photographic information listed by each group such as film, speed, lens and exposure

[This message has been edited by Mark Wagner (edited 03-30-2001).]
Posted By: Elanguy

Re: Northern Lights - Light show this weekend - 03/31/01 04:21 AM

I'll be in New Hampshire this weekend. Maybe I can get something. I won't be out in the country, so I don't know what I'll be able to see.

Re: Northern Lights - Light show this weekend - 04/07/01 07:59 PM

Here is a gallery of pictures taken from the weekend I originaly posted about, 3/30 - 4/1
Northern Lights from 3/30 - 4/1
Posted By: Torchbearer

Re: Northern Lights - Light show this weekend - 04/08/01 12:21 AM

Thanks Mark for the link. Some gorgeous photos there! I was once lucky enough to see the Northern Lights years ago while in the service, but alas, no camera. I would love to see this phenomenon one more time.

Tim - Keeping the flame lit...

Re: Northern Lights - Light show this weekend - 04/08/01 03:18 AM

Tim, I just caught a glimpse of the northern lights for the first time about 4-5 months ago. I was heading north past South Haven, MI about midnight and noticed that the sky had changed to a pale green for only about 5 minutes. As I am often driving late at night I listen to the Art Bell show and he reports on solar activity that might make conditions right for the northern lights and carry a camera when the likelyhood pops up, but nothing on film yet.
© 2024 Collector Forums