LighthouseKeepers.com

Friday .... Bad Day!

Posted By: TD

Friday .... Bad Day! - 08/12/02 06:24 AM

Friday I received a call from my local HL's dealer that they will no longer be caring HL's. After buying almost every LE, I feel really unappreciated as a loyal customer. Have other people had similar experiences with dealers? I know I shouldn't take this personally, but I really thought I built a relationship with this store.

Mad and Hurt in Minnesota!
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Friday .... Bad Day! - 08/12/02 06:57 AM

I've never lost a dealer in this way, but, when I first started out I floundered between dealers until I finally came upon the one that I'm now using. Been using this one for years and I guess if they quit the line I might feel hurt. I can't really say because this has not happened.

Rich cool
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Friday .... Bad Day! - 08/12/02 12:15 PM

A terminated business relationship is a real bummer if you're not the one terminating the relationship. Did you have a low or certain autoship number? If you did, maybe you can contact Harbour Lights and ascertain if you can keep the same number and have your HL's shipped to another dealer in your area.

Dealers come and go, but many stay forever. I'm sure you'll find another dealer that will be more than happy to take care of your HL needs.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Friday .... Bad Day! - 08/12/02 03:44 PM

I have had two dealers in my area discontinue the line in the past year. One moved the store, but both are still in business, just don't carry the line anymore. I have dealt with both stores for many years, so it does happen! Lucky for me, I still have a few more to choose from. One has carried the line for over 10 years. Hopefully the glut of stores not carrying Harbour Lights anymore will slow down. This might show that only the strong will survive!
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Friday .... Bad Day! - 08/12/02 06:09 PM

There used to be eight dealers within a half an hour from where I live in Troy, NY. Now there are only three left. I don't believe that Harbour Lights are the big sellers that they used to be any more, which is probably why they are branching out into more "giftware" lighthouses.
Posted By: Rich

Re: Friday .... Bad Day! - 08/14/02 12:05 AM

My first dealer was sold and the new owners did nothing to learn about the lines they carried. (They finally closed the business!). I was able to call HL and have them change my ship number to another dealer. That dealer was a little further away but they know their lines and I get great service. smile
Posted By: TD

Re: Friday .... Bad Day! - 08/15/02 04:08 AM

Rich,
I took your advise and called HL's. You are correct, they will send my number to another dealer. This is great news, thanks a million!
TD
© 2024 Collector Forums