LighthouseKeepers.com

L.I Sunset Cruise Pt. 4

Posted By: regalhobo

L.I Sunset Cruise Pt. 4 - 05/21/06 12:37 AM

On to Orient Point -- The Coffee Pot. Thank goodness the weather is still holding.

Standing guard.

Top of the "pot"

On to Plum Island which is the secret experimenting/studying grounds of diseased animals.

This is the churning waters at the point at Plum Island. The currents just collide. The pictures really don't do it justice. It looks as if something were trying to surface from the depths.

Plum Island

Cont Pt. 5
Posted By: seagirt

Re: L.I Sunset Cruise Pt. 4 - 05/21/06 12:57 AM

Aaah....Plum Gut. Feisty, huh?

Remember how rough it was when you were there, on a large boat? Now put yourself on a 30' sailboat, on an especially rough day. Getting tossed every which way. Was fun in that not-fun way.

Most photos of the lights ended up of the sky or water, what with digital lag. Got some good ones, though.
Posted By: beachcomber

Re: L.I Sunset Cruise Pt. 4 - 05/21/06 05:54 AM

Very nice, Tom!
Posted By: HCS

Re: L.I Sunset Cruise Pt. 4 - 05/23/06 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by seagirt:
Aaah....Plum Gut. Feisty, huh?

Remember how rough it was when you were there, on a large boat? Now put yourself on a 30' sailboat, on an especially rough day. Getting tossed every which way. Was fun in that not-fun way.

Most photos of the lights ended up of the sky or water, what with digital lag. Got some good ones, though.
Greg,
It was pretty rough. No I would not like to have been in a sail boat out there. I definately would not have considered it fun.
HCS
Posted By: HCS

Re: L.I Sunset Cruise Pt. 4 - 05/23/06 01:54 PM

Tom,
The pictures of the churning water certainly do not do justice to how rough it was. Got a little hairy there for a while didn't it!
HCS eek eek
Posted By: regalhobo

Re: L.I Sunset Cruise Pt. 4 - 05/26/06 10:35 PM

Yes it did Hilari and no thanks Greg. It was bad enough as was.

smile cool
© 2024 Collector Forums