LighthouseKeepers.com

New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait

Posted By: dwood

New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 09/11/00 05:30 AM

So I was at the Bill Event at Apple Country Pickins in Yakima WA Saturday. Got my Hatteras on the Move. Love it. I asked Bill if he brought a Fresnel for us to see - he said he could have o they're in the warehouse, shipping momentarily. He also said that it will take awhile, but they do plan to do Hooper Strait. He said that since it is so identical to the other screw piles, to make it different they are going to make the top come off and have it completely furnished.

Dixie
Posted By: TD

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 09/11/00 06:06 AM

Can't wait to see the Fresnel. Do you think Bill was really on the level with Hooper Strait? If he's telling the truth I think the idea of having the top come off would be very interesting.
Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 09/11/00 05:58 PM

On the Hooper Strait, considering Dixie`s other post in The Tip Sheet.Conversations with Bill tend to be "(tic)".

TerryBarfield
Posted By: Brent

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 09/12/00 02:02 AM

Ummmmm.....'interesting concept. I wonder what HL would have to get for a piece like that? I would think that it would be pretty expensive since there's almost as much work that goes into an "interior" as there is with the exterior when using the process that they use to produce these little "Gems".
Posted By: Rusty

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 09/13/00 06:12 AM

I like the idea!
Anybody got a internet link with a picture of Hooper Strait?

Rusty
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 09/13/00 06:44 AM

Hooper Interiors...

Warning Animated Gif Below
SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 09/13/00 07:12 AM

Hooper Exterior!

Warning Animated Gif Below
SaintWackoPaul '
Keep the Flame
Posted By: Joanne

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 09/13/00 03:06 PM

Boy that would be like my Barbie Doll dream house when I will young. I could even use my Keepers and Friends as the people inside.

Joanne
Posted By: Bob M

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 09/15/00 12:06 PM

Will Hooper Strait be the third reunion HL?

Bob
Posted By: Dave H

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 10/01/00 05:07 AM

Seems like a winner here. My HL postcard says Hooper's Strait is the reunion exclusive.

Dave
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 10/01/00 05:31 AM

Is it the Hooper Strait lighthouse ?
The post card says the Lighthouse at Hooper Strait, This lighthouse has been moved, so is it really the right one ? I don't know what replaced it in its old location

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 10/01/00 08:32 AM

The screwpile light now located at the Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum in St. Michaels is the light referred to as "Hooper Strait". http://www.cheslights.org/heritage/hoopers-str.htm

There is also a sparkplug light referred to as Hooper Island light. http://www.cheslights.org/heritage/hoopers-isl.htm

Dave
Posted By: oseabee

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 10/02/00 01:25 AM

Hoopers strait will be a great addition to my collection.I got one from danbury mint but it went right back as soon as I opened it .The didn't put the out houses on the rail.They could have left something else off but not something so important.It gets mighty cold on the chesapeake in the winter.too cold to let anything hang over the rail. oseabee :-D
Posted By: rynomatt

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 10/02/00 03:22 PM

Has anyone heard anything about the Fresnel piece coming out yet? It's now October and still not here?? thanks!!
Posted By: mombo

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 10/02/00 08:46 PM

So the lens in the Hooper Island light was stolen? Must have been someone who couldn't wait for the HL version!
Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 10/02/00 11:30 PM

Hi Rynomatt, Word from another thread said November is the lens arrival time.
Terry
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 10/03/00 12:45 AM

News today about the Fifth Order Fresnel

Quote:
"Slightly delayed."

The standing orders are expected to ship in about 2 weeks and the balance by mid November.
Posted By: rynomatt

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 10/04/00 02:56 PM

Thanks for the info.- I hope when it finally comes, my dealer does not forget about me! LOL

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 10/12/00 04:54 AM

Quote:
The post card says the Lighthouse at Hooper Strait

at is the key word here!

Quote:
I also think that the difference between the two pieces will be the location depicted.

REXA = $85

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 10/12/00 05:18 AM

If this is to be exciting technology and possible a lift off top, the light will be Hooper Strait, the screwpile now parked in St. Michaels. It will be depicted in its' original location and will be priced at $100 or maybe even more if the guesses about the design are correct. The REXM version will not have a removable roof, and will be depicted in its' current location.

We'll know Saturday, if as John pointed out somewhere else, we are read a description of the piece and asked if we want to order it. Do you order just one, or do you go for the extras? When will you have to pay for it? Guess we'll know soon.

Anxiously waiting,
Dave

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 10/12/00 06:06 AM

We're using Rod's REXA & REXM titles quite a bit. Should they be REXA II & REXM II since we had Rose Island Rex's? Or, we could identify the originals as RI-REXA and RI-REXM. My problem with this is that ri-runs are normally done after the orignals. with tic,

Dave
just looking to stir things up a bit

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 10/12/00 05:09 PM

To answer the question on when you'll pay for the Reunion Exclusive Hooper Strait -- it will be like the Reunion costs 50% upon registration, the balance due a few months before the reunion. Better make a quick payment on that VISA to clear room for Saturday!

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 10/13/00 05:21 AM

I saw the picture of the lens in the lighthouse depot site and it was a big disapointment.Today I was looking at the picture in the legacy on page they were not the same piece.I the one that comes out is the one pictured at the depot they can keep it.the one pictured in the legacy was really great.oseabee

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 10/13/00 06:42 AM

Oseabee: If it's that Crystal World lens for $148 you're looking at, it's not the one. The one pictured in the Legacy is it.

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 10/13/00 06:52 AM

The lens is FANTASTIC looking & you will want to be sure it is in your collection! Rumor has it that they have finally begun to arrive and should start shipping the middle of next week.

Dave

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 10/13/00 04:16 PM

To Mombo from oseabee I sure hope so .I am keeping the reserved spot open and hoping.
oseabee.
Posted By: Sunshine

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 10/13/00 04:25 PM

I saw one of the Fresnel lenses in Rosemont and it was beautiful. Definitely a must have for my collection.
Posted By: lkeasyliving

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 10/13/00 09:47 PM

Now you got me going again!!!!!!! can't wait to get the Lens!!!!!
I hope they get it out soon!!!!!!
Larry
Posted By: Jim Johnston

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 10/20/00 03:53 PM

I talked to someone at the Great Lakes Lighthouse Festival, here's another Hooper Strait rumor. The reunion piece will be historicaly correct sitting in the water.
The Collectors Society version will be as it sits today, on land. Can anyone confirm. I still like the removable roof concept.

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 10/20/00 05:24 PM

That was confirmed Jim during the call-in registration on the 14th.

At the last chat, our usually reliable source indicated the roof colors will be different, reflecting the way the off-shore REXA looked then vs. the way it looks today.
Posted By: dwood

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 10/22/00 05:33 AM

At the Portland Regional Event today Nancy said the standing order Fresnels were shipping today.

Dixie
Posted By: Polly

Re: New Rumors - Fresnel & Hooper Strait - 10/31/00 08:01 AM

Just returned from a long weekend & our Fresnel was waiting (along with 5 other pieces) shipped from our dealer.

It looks fantastic, has anybody else noticed that it has to be placed "just right" on the base or it has a slight wobble?
© 2024 Collector Forums