LighthouseKeepers.com

Coming Soon?!

Posted By: rgurskey

Coming Soon?! - 01/25/02 12:33 AM

Wolf Trap, VA this summer (which I'm sure others know) and Cove Point, MD in about a year's time.
Posted By: mombo

Re: Coming Soon?! - 01/25/02 01:01 AM

Wolf Trap, hmmm. Neat looking lighthouse. Could this be the choice of the "Register and Win" contest winner?
Posted By: Digger

Re: Coming Soon?! - 01/25/02 01:58 AM

Can someone post a photo? Wolf Trap, sounds like a great place.
Posted By: CAVR

Re: Coming Soon?! - 01/25/02 04:02 AM

Interesting....I've heard about the Wolf Trap, VA, but the Cove Point, MD is new to me! ....sounds like a good rumor though. I just hope it comes true as I will always welcome more Chesapeake Bay lights!

When is Turkey Point, MD being released? Second half of 2002? I thought that was coming as well.

Now, we just need to keep hinting to HL for a Cape Charles, VA piece!

Christopher
Posted By: mombo

Re: Coming Soon?! - 01/25/02 04:43 AM

Wolf Trap is a red light and the lantern room is off center which makes it interesting.

Here's another photo and some info on the light. In this one it's an orangy red. Some sites show it to be more of a blue red.
http://www.cheslights.org/heritage/wolf-trap.htm
Posted By: Chesapeake Bryan

Re: Coming Soon?! - 01/25/02 06:23 AM

I've been told by my rep that Turkey point is 50/50 for the second release this year. If not, it will definitely be next year.

Cove Point is only in the beginning stages of sculpting(So I'm told). It definitely will be a cool piece, especially sculpted as a full lightstation, not just the tower.
Posted By: kikigl

Re: Coming Soon?! - 01/31/02 06:05 PM

Does anyone know if Owl's Head in Maine is going to be one of the lights for 2002?
Posted By: Randy Kremer

Re: Coming Soon?! - 01/31/02 07:12 PM

Hopefully Owl's Head will be this year! We can always hope!

Wolf Trap would be very interesting!
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Coming Soon?! - 01/31/02 08:37 PM

Owl's Head in the "fog" - the latest Harbour Lights challenge!
Posted By: Rusty

Re: Coming Soon?! - 02/19/02 05:54 AM

Thanks for the picture of Wolf Trap. Interesting light.

Rusty
Posted By: Bob M

Re: Coming Soon?! - 02/19/02 02:51 PM

Owl's Head in the "fog"? Maybe HL will issue a glass dome with simulated fog etched into the glass...lol!

Bob
© 2024 Collector Forums