LighthouseKeepers.com

Masthead Images for the Forums..

Posted By: WackoPaul

Masthead Images for the Forums.. - 06/02/10 06:06 PM

I am using an image of Cape Lookout Lighthouse supplied by Robert Gurskey for the Forums Masthead for June..

I will be needed images from other members for the future masthead images.. Just email me an attached image you might want considered to be used at:

wackopaul@att.net

Make sure the image is as close to your original as possible. I will do all of the sizing and formatting of the image for the masthead..

As of right now I have none for July and will be forced to use one of my own images if I don't get get a good from a Forum member..
Posted By: Sunshine

Re: Masthead Images for the Forums.. - 06/02/10 11:29 PM

I just sent you something that might work.

Re: Masthead Images for the Forums.. - 06/03/10 02:02 AM

Thanks, Judy, I got yours and I got some from Ruthie, also...
Posted By: Bill38429

Re: Masthead Images for the Forums.. - 06/03/10 02:43 AM

Just sent you some of mine you're welcome to use. Thanks for consideration!

Re: Masthead Images for the Forums.. - 06/03/10 05:18 AM

Thanks, Bill, with yours I now have enough for a few months..
Posted By: wvlights0

Re: Masthead Images for the Forums.. - 06/03/10 03:51 PM

Paul, could you explain what you look for?

Re: Masthead Images for the Forums.. - 06/03/10 04:49 PM

The image ends up being 325 pixels wide by 215 pixels tall at a resolution of 72 pixels per inch, so it needs to work as a horizontal image.

It needs to contain a lighthouse in focus and hopefully be interesting and tell a story...

I think that Robert did a nice job of handling what is a very vertical lighthouse in Cape Lookout Lighthouse, in a horizontal image uniquely.

I have enough really good images for the next few months but I will put out the call for more, probably in the Fall.

Re: Masthead Images for the Forums.. - 06/25/10 09:49 PM

I changed the Masthead to one that Ruthie provided.. Since I switched to Robert's Lookout image a little before the 1st of June, I went ahead and switched to the Portland Head image a little before the 1st of July... One of Sunshine's image will be the next image I use..

Re: Masthead Images for the Forums.. - 08/23/10 04:47 PM

I have used all the images that Ruthie and Judy provided me for the masthead in the Forums the past two months.. I could use a couple of Forums members to send me a couple of images for the months of September and October..

If you have a couple of images that you think would work just email me a copy as close to the original as possible, I will do the cropping and tweaking..

wackopaul@att.net

Re: Masthead Images for the Forums.. - 08/24/10 04:46 AM

I have had a couple of members respond and I now have the next two months images covered.. I will be putting out a request for more in a couple of months..

Re: Masthead Images for the Forums.. - 10/30/10 11:29 PM

I can use some more images from a couple of collectors.. I will use one of mine for the start of November but will need some more after that..

Just email me a copy of you images, as close to the original image as possible..

wackopaul@att.net
Posted By: Bill and Judy

Re: Masthead Images for the Forums.. - 10/31/10 02:39 AM

Yours is gorgeous!

Re: Masthead Images for the Forums.. - 11/04/10 09:35 PM

Still need some images, is anybody out there??????

wackopaul@att.net

Re: Masthead Images for the Forums.. - 11/05/10 12:49 AM

Hilari C Seery came through with several really nice images... With hers and a couple of mine I have enough for 2010..

Re: Masthead Images for the Forums.. - 01/20/13 08:18 PM

I updated the Masthead image with one of mine of Wisconsin Point Lighthouse..
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Masthead Images for the Forums.. - 01/20/13 08:30 PM

Thanks, Paul...

We still have a FEW of the Wisconsin Point Lights left @ 2 for $75, Priority Mail shipping included.

Don't miss out: http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/wisconsinpoint/order-on-sale.htm
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Masthead Images for the Forums.. - 01/21/13 05:40 PM

Paint job looks as good the Harbour Light!
Posted By: MrsTLC

Re: Masthead Images for the Forums.. - 01/21/13 07:00 PM

Paul, it looks really good as the Forums Masthead...

Re: Masthead Images for the Forums.. - 01/21/13 11:56 PM

Well, Bob that was one of the 14 images that I provided Harry to help him design the lighthouse..
© 2024 Collector Forums