LighthouseKeepers.com

Prototype for Wacko pin

Posted By: ladylightkeeper

Prototype for Wacko pin - 02/13/00 12:42 AM

Because of your support for the wacko pin project and your desire for us to continue on with it, I have called the pin rep, who in turn has contacted China and told them to go ahead and make up the prototype samples and ship them to us as soon as possible. Once we have ascertained that the sample has been done to our specs, Lamar will be photographing the sample and scanning it onto this Forum so that you can see it, along with its purchase price (limited to two per wacko when ordering). He will then announce here that orders will be taken. Once we have received your order and money, the final pin order will be placed with the pin rep. Some extras will be ordered for newbies turning wacko this spring. This prototype-production-time-frame will give newbies close to their 50 a chance to "graduate" and hopefully also give time for other newbies to achieve 50 while extra pin supplies last.

It would be extremely helpful,in order for us to determine how many extra pins to order, if any newbie who is close to graduation or feels he/she will have their 50 posts by early April, would let us know this; tell us if you want to buy the pin; and whether it will be for one or two pins. Please e-mail me with this information within the next week or so. Send to ladylightkeeper@dixie-net.com

Darlene Cook (bugqueen) will be sending out order forms via personal e-mail to every Saint, Cruise Director, and wacko on her list. Lamar will announce when she is doing that, so if any of you do not get this form, you can contact her direct. If you are a newbie who just graduated or a newbie about to graduate, you need to contact her at that time to get your name on her mailing list for the forms also. Darlene went back aways and researched wacko names; but if you have not posted for quite awhile, you also need to check to see if your name is on her mailing list.

** It would be nice to start thinking of which lighthouses you are going to nominate for the 2001 pin, so that an earlier start might result in getting the project done BEFORE next December and the busy holidays. That way you might just be able to sport two different wacko pins at the next HL reunion, wherever and whenever it is planned. Two things will help the committee: it is easier creating a design if HL has already made a sculpture of the lighthouses you have nominated and the artwork/photos are available for us to use. And check to see that this is a lighthouse preservation group that is registered as non-profit and is already into actual preservation work, so that we know our money will be put to "real" use.

Thanks for doing your share to keep the flame burning.

------------------
ladylightkeeper

[This message has been edited by ladylightkeeper (edited 02-12-2000).]

To activate the email address...

[This message has been edited by JChidester (edited 02-12-2000).]
Posted By: Rusty

Re: Prototype for Wacko pin - 02/13/00 05:38 AM

Ladylightkeeper,
Thanks, looking forward to the time to order.

Rusty
Posted By: MONTY

Re: Prototype for Wacko pin - 02/14/00 07:49 PM

As a newbi I am peddling as fast as I can.
Monty
Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: Prototype for Wacko pin - 02/15/00 12:18 AM

Ladylightkeeper,
Thanks for the update and for all the hard work looking forward to seeing the end result
Dale
Posted By: SCombs

Re: Prototype for Wacko pin - 02/15/00 04:03 AM

I have been lurking for much too long. If I'm ever going to be a registered WACKO I must get busy otherwise I will (in the famous words of President Jimmy Carter)continue to "lust in my heart". Can't wait to see the pin.
Posted By: NiagaraLady

Re: Prototype for Wacko pin - 02/15/00 06:36 AM

I have to get busy and start "talking" instead of "listening"! I love reading all
the posts and have learned so much from all
of you.
Posted By: JohnL

Re: Prototype for Wacko pin - 02/15/00 03:57 PM

Thanks for the update. Can't wait to see what the pin looks like.

John
Posted By: Lighthousedude

Re: Prototype for Wacko pin - 02/15/00 07:17 PM

Great to hear that pin project is on the move.

Looking forward to see the pictures of the prototype and REALLY looking forward to ordering.
Posted By: Rrronne

Re: Prototype for Wacko pin - 02/16/00 01:02 AM

Can't wait to see the pin and order same.

------------------
Randall & Linda Ronne
Posted By: Sunshine

Re: Prototype for Wacko pin - 02/16/00 01:39 AM

Glad that the pin project is back on track. Count me in for a pin.
Posted By: Marzipan

Re: Prototype for Wacko pin - 02/16/00 02:11 AM

So glad you are going ahead with the pin project. I think it's such a nice idea. I'm also going to try to qualify for a couple of pins. Can't wait to earn my fraternity (sorority??) pin. Thanks for all your hard work.

~Dale
Posted By: vsnlex

Re: Prototype for Wacko pin - 02/16/00 04:58 AM

I have a long, long way to go but I will work on it. I check out the forum almost every night but there is not always something to make a meaningful comment about..........but then again many posts are not to meaningful....lots are just in good fun and friendships....so here is my next post and more on the way.

Save me a pin or 2 for those of us way behind.
Posted By: Len Ariagno

Re: Prototype for Wacko pin - 02/16/00 03:02 PM

Looking forward to viewing the prototype! It will interesting to see the nominees for the second issue. Hotly debated I'm sure.
Thanks.
Len Ariagno
Posted By: jimirwin

Re: Prototype for Wacko pin - 02/21/00 03:08 AM

I have gone through this entire forum and decided this is the place to post this message.

I'M A WACKO

CONGRATULATIONS TO ME CONGRATULATIONS TO ME CONGRATULATIONS TO ME ect.ect.ect.
amen
How bout it John, do I get that Cape Hatteres now.
------------------
JIM "POPZ" IRWIN

[This message has been edited by jimirwin (edited 02-20-2000).]
Posted By: ladylightkeeper

Re: Prototype for Wacko pin - 02/21/00 04:16 AM

Jim: Many congratulations on achieving your wacko status. I think you should, however, make this a separate post on the General Forum so everyone sees it and can congratulate you. You have worked hard to get here and we all want to know about it in the "family". You are now eligible to order the pin when the time comes.

------------------
ladylightkeeper
Posted By: vsnlex

Re: Prototype for Wacko pin - 02/21/00 05:38 AM

I found it here Jim so the CONGRATULATIONS goes here. Way to go!
© 2024 Collector Forums