LighthouseKeepers.com

WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2

Posted By: rscroope

WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/16/02 04:32 PM

Previous topic can be viewed at: http://www.lighthousekeepers.com/cgi-bin/forumscgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=001366
Posted By: Brent

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/16/02 06:06 PM

I'd say that Old Point Comfort and the twin tower's of Cape Henry are equally the closest to me. eek
Posted By: lmyhre

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/17/02 02:32 AM

Mukilteo - about 1/2 hour away.

Larry
Posted By: Jim Chesher

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/17/02 04:01 AM

Currently it is St. Simons followed closely by St. Augustine but next year it becomes St. Johns River Light (Old Mayport). wink

Posted By: Seahag

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/17/02 03:00 PM

The closest lighthouse to me would be Hudson-Athens. About eight miles away and a beauty!
Posted By: Cana Fan

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/17/02 03:58 PM

I'm about 20 miles from Grosse Point. (That would be the G.L.O.W. version. Never seen the Grosse Point the L.E. is supposed to be!)

MIke
Posted By: TGIFIF

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/18/02 12:33 AM

I'm half way between 2, Jupiter & Hillsboro

TGIFIF
Posted By: rgurskey

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/18/02 01:48 AM

The Fort Washington Bell tower would be closest (Historic Building series). If you mean strictly HL pieces than it would be either Thomas Point, MD or Sandy Point, MD.

Robert
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/18/02 09:19 PM

Hudson-Athens followed closely by Saugerties and Esopus Meadows
Posted By: bonnebert

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/19/02 07:08 PM

We are about 1/2 hour from Old and New Cape Henry, at Ft. Story, Virginia Beach, Virginia.

Joyce
Posted By: navyelt

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/19/02 11:28 PM

We live about 1/2 hour from Charlotte-Genessee. smile
Posted By: TERRY BARFIELD

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/20/02 04:16 AM

I`d say Cape Lookout. Dang North Carolina is a wide(E-W) state!
Posted By: shiulong

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/21/02 08:39 PM

That would be Bolivar (which I haven't seen) 45 min plus ferry trip. Next would be Half Moon Bay (a new one laugh ) then Matagorda (little light).

Chuck laugh
Posted By: Laurie

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/23/02 04:11 AM

As the crow flies, it's probably Thomas Point.
Posted By: Gayle

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/24/02 06:54 AM

I am about 50 miles from Mukilteo.
Posted By: LADYBUG

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/24/02 11:48 PM

Hi Gayle laugh laugh laugh
Mukilteo is about 2 miles from me as the crow flies . . . unfortunately by car it's a little bit farther but I can be there in 15 minutes on a good day.
Posted By: lhlover

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/25/02 06:14 PM

Hey Jim Chesher, if you live in Jacksonville, FL, then isn't Amelia Island Lighthouse the closest to you that Harbour lights has made so far? (It was a Collector Society piece.) It should be closer than Ponce or St. Simons. smile
Posted By: Jim Chesher

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/28/02 03:36 AM

BonnieJean, Thanks for the correction. I was counting the miles to St. Augustine and to Amelia Island. I don't know why I listed St. Simons. I guess I had a brain meld down. I'm having a lot of those lately. wink

Posted By: JoAnn

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/28/02 08:33 AM

Cape Disappointment Wa,the light shines across the Columbia River to my bedroom and living room,a peaceful and welcoming sight.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/28/02 05:04 PM

It is exactly 150 miles from our driveway to the parking lot at Old Michigan City Lighthouse... the Michigan City Pier Light is a few hundred yards further away!
Posted By: MelJB

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/28/02 08:21 PM

Well that's a good question, living in a state that has no lights, I guess I would have to go either south to Texas, West to California, maybe even East to Hannibel MO?

Alot different than my childhood home in VA, we were 20 minutes from Old Pt Comfort, an hour from Cape Henry, there is Wolftrap, and New Point Comfort but only available by boat. And then several hours South the Carolina lights, Currituck, Bodie is., Cape Hatteras, Ocracoke, Cape Lookout, and Cape Fear.

MelJB smile
Posted By: ignatzmom

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/30/02 12:52 AM

Being a newcomer to this site, can someone tell me how I can find the lights that have been made by Harbour Lights. I am sure there is some kind of a record, but where to go to find it?
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/30/02 02:31 AM

Click on the link below and go to "Harbor Lights Catalog", You will find all the lights in any given year. They also have the "Product History" and a lot of other things which may interests you.

HARBOUR LIGHTS

Good searching!

Bert smile
Posted By: Dave H

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/30/02 07:33 AM

The page is due for update, but you can get a text print-out of lights made, in numerical order, to use for registering your collection. You will find it here .
You can download the page, and bring it up in Word to actually type in the info, or you can print from your browser. Be aware, the list is several pages long.

Dave
Posted By: Barb Kepple

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/31/02 04:54 AM

Living east of Pittsburgh the closest light to us is Presque Isle, PA - the only HL piece with snow that is not a Christmas piece.

Barb
Posted By: Bob M

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 12/31/02 02:00 PM

Hey Barb, ...Don't forget Sherwood Point and the Fort Tompkins winter edition! They are non-Christmas pieces with snow on them.

smile Bob smile
Posted By: kscroope

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 01/19/03 09:48 PM

I am equally distant (as far as driving goes about 26-27 miles - not necessarily if you drew straight lines across the map) from the Old Field Point Lighthouse and the Horton Point Lighthouse - takes about 40-45 minutes to get to each...
come to think of it, it's probably about ten miles or so more driving there, but it takes about the same amount of time to also get to the Fire Island Lighthouse (more main highways to travel quicker on instead of a 30 MPH speed limit)
Posted By: Kat

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 01/19/03 10:28 PM

Old Michigan City lighthouse is the closest but of Michigan City Peir and Toledo Harbor come in a close second.
Posted By: JoanieO

Re: WHAT IS THE CLOSEST LIGHT TO YOUR HOME THAT HL HAS MADE - Part 2 - 01/26/03 06:40 AM

Hi !
The closest lighthouse to me that HL has made is SANIBEL. The next closest is Boca Grande.
Sanibel is less than an hour's drive, but Boca takes about 2 hours - maybe a little more. Other Florida lighthouses require a day's drive and a night's stay at a motel, especially when I am attending a FLA meeting.
Not like being on Long Island, Bob, where you can see at least six LH during the day without a strenuous drive and still drive home at night. JoanieO smile smile
© 2024 Collector Forums