LighthouseKeepers.com

John Deere Commercial

Posted By: TD

John Deere Commercial - 01/21/02 04:53 AM

During the Steelers Ravens game today there was a John Deere commercial that showed a golf course and a lighthouse in the background. It looked like Kinsale light to me or maybe Hook Head. Did anyone else happen to see it?
Posted By: chris g

Re: John Deere Commercial - 01/27/02 10:17 AM

I saw it too and so did my husband, but it disappeared so fast that we could not identify it either. Are there any Steelers or Ravens fans out there who have the game on tape?

chris g
Posted By: Bob M

Re: John Deere Commercial - 01/27/02 01:14 PM

I haven't seen the commercial but there are two Massachusetts lights adjacent to golf courses, Sankaty Head and Highland Light aka Cape Cod Light.

They don't make too many commercials out this way so it probably isn't one of those twwo.

Bob
Posted By: HCarpenter

Re: John Deere Commercial - 01/27/02 02:24 PM

I didn't see the game, but have seen the commercial. It is Highland Light on Cape Cod.

Re: John Deere Commercial - 01/27/02 11:34 PM

There was a commercial last year that looked like Highland. In this commercial the light is black and white. I'll keep watching or maybe contact John Deere.
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: John Deere Commercial - 01/27/02 11:59 PM

Last years John Deere calendar for the month of Febuary....
http://www.deere.com/deerecom/_gallery+of+images/2001+calendar/february.htm

Re: John Deere Commercial - 01/30/02 06:15 PM

I contacted John Deere and the lighthouse is Old Head, in Cork Ireland. So, if your watching TV and a John Deere commercial comes on, watch for the part with the golf course and the lighthouse in the background. Has anyone been to this light?
Posted By: WackoPaul

Re: John Deere Commercial - 01/30/02 06:44 PM

Old Head of Kinsale, Ireland

'Old Head of Kinsale' Protest
Posted By: mombo

Re: John Deere Commercial - 01/30/02 06:57 PM

Very interesting Paul.

Be sure to go here too to read more:
http://struggle.ws/wsm/cork.html
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: John Deere Commercial - 01/30/02 07:07 PM

Neither of your links worked for me Paul.

More problems with Cox??
Posted By: shiulong

Re: John Deere Commercial - 01/30/02 08:24 PM

The links worked for me here at work (Houston) and its interesting to see lighthouse people from another country. I never really thought that this might be an international movement. Are there any international lighthouse groups?

Chuck

------------------
bigdragon
Posted By: RezmanDale

Re: John Deere Commercial - 01/30/02 08:54 PM

Links worked for me too John. Must be Cox.

Great link Paul. Wacko's are everywhere!

Dale

Re: John Deere Commercial - 01/31/02 08:22 AM

Paul, those were great links. We are thinking about a trip to Ireland this summer and would love to see this light. It's great to see other countries get involved with lights.
© 2024 Collector Forums