LighthouseKeepers.com

Lighthouse Trading cards

Posted By: shiulong

Lighthouse Trading cards - 06/04/02 11:32 PM

Is anyone collecting the trading cards that come in some of the Harbour Lights? I have started and have about half a dozen. Does anyone have them all? Which is the hardest one to get?

Chuck

------------------
bigdragon

[This message has been edited by shiulong (edited 06-04-2002).]
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Lighthouse Trading cards - 06/05/02 01:31 AM

Chuck,
You can buy the entire set from HL if you want. They are very resonable and it will save you the frustration and time to aquire the set. I bought the set as soon as I heard about them and have since acquired approximately 30 more as I but the lighthouses.

Rich

[This message has been edited by flacoastie (edited 06-04-2002).]
Posted By: jessgordon

Re: Lighthouse Trading cards - 06/05/02 03:43 AM

How do you go about ordering the whole set?
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Lighthouse Trading cards - 06/05/02 04:15 AM

Call HL customer service at 800-365-1219 to see if they are still available as a set. My memory says they were about $7.50 for the set?? These are replicas of the old Hasan Cigarette cards rom the early 20th century.

Dave
Posted By: mombo

Re: Lighthouse Trading cards - 06/05/02 04:17 AM

Call HL to order the set of cards, 800-365-1219.

I collect these like I collect Wacko Badges and other miscellaneous stuff. There's a neat booklet I got with Lady Liberty HL? that has a page devoted to each card with a space on the page to stick the card if you so desire. I don't know if you get this if you order the whole set? I have 17 of these cards from various HL's purchased.
Posted By: shiulong

Re: Lighthouse Trading cards - 06/05/02 04:46 AM

I got the booklet with the Lady, that's how I found out about the cards. So you can buy the whole set? Where's the fun in that?

Chuck

------------------
bigdragon

[This message has been edited by shiulong (edited 06-05-2002).]
Posted By: Dave H

Re: Lighthouse Trading cards - 06/05/02 05:12 AM

Chuck,

I may be wrong, but when HL put a card in with an LE, I think it was not intended to be a wide spread effort. It was to be a surprise, a treat that you got. I think the collectors enjoyed getting the cards, so it has continued with some, but not all, lights. I bought a complete set - I liked them and wanted to be sure I had a complete set. Doesn't mean I don't still enjoy finding an extra treat in my HL box.

Dave
Posted By: Shortcake

Re: Lighthouse Trading cards - 06/07/02 04:37 AM

Chuck,

These cards are a fun addition. I realy like opening a new HL box and finding another card to add into my booklet. I have 30 in it now and hope to someday have them all. But no I would not buy the set, for that would spoil the fun!!!

I do however have an extra Boston Auxiliary Light card (don't ask me how I wound up with two of them, I don't know). If you need that one send me an email with your mailing address and I'll gladly let you have it.

Stephanie
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Lighthouse Trading cards - 06/07/02 06:48 AM

I believe the complete sets of cards is now out of print.
Posted By: rscroope

Re: Lighthouse Trading cards - 06/07/02 02:33 PM

If you want some fun Chuck - search on ebay for Hassan LH cards. You won't believe what the originals are going for. Some of the cards don't even look like the lighthouse!
Maybe you can set up a trading forum to exchange cards. I agree with John, I think HL had a closeout on their reproductions about two years ago but they obviously have a supply to insert with the new lighthouse.
Bob
© 2024 Collector Forums