LighthouseKeepers.com

Keep Cool, Visit Lighthouses

Posted By: NorbourneLady

Keep Cool, Visit Lighthouses - 08/10/02 05:46 PM

During the hot Summer weather, visit Northern lighthouses, feel the breeze kiss your cheeks from the soft waves of the Great Lakes. With your light always blinking, a cool soda in your hands, snapping pictures of the beautiful structures, you will feel cool, even if it's 100 degrees. Keep on Blinking....Jeannie in Louisville, Ky.
Posted By: Webmaster

Re: Keep Cool, Visit Lighthouses - 08/10/02 09:23 PM

A great 'cool-down' just reading your note. Welcome to the forums, Jeannie.
Posted By: LamarB

Re: Keep Cool, Visit Lighthouses - 08/10/02 10:51 PM

Welcome Jeannie. That's a wonderful idea. Wish I were in MN right now!
Posted By: MtnHkr

Re: Keep Cool, Visit Lighthouses - 08/11/02 02:01 AM

Welcome Jennie, we're off to Maine for a few days starting tomorrow morning. We will really try to get into the setting you've mentioned. Glad to have you on board the forums.

Bert & Sharon smile
Posted By: eskilady

Re: Keep Cool, Visit Lighthouses - 08/11/02 02:18 AM

Welcome to the Forum, Norbourne Lady! Nice group of people here.

Beaconfollower and I are headed for Cape Cod on Friday and are taking a bus trip for Friends of Flying Santa and will be visiting the lights there. We got to see them last summer but this summer, we will be able to get inside of the lights and climb the towers. Should be alot of fun and I just hope that my knees survive as we are doing the Lighthouse Challenge in October. My knees will never be the same!!

Again, welcome!

Eskilady
Posted By: Bud Schrader

Re: Keep Cool, Visit Lighthouses - 08/11/02 03:25 AM

I was doing just that at 6 AM today! I love the sunrise at Marblehead and drove up last night just for the photo-op.(also to check the repairs on my camera) 3.5 hours each way for me, it's becoming a day trip! Thanks for the advice and welcome to the forums! smile
Posted By: mombo

Re: Keep Cool, Visit Lighthouses - 08/11/02 06:03 AM

Hi Jeannie and welcome!

We'll be headed North to see some of the Canadian lights on Lake Ontario in about 10 days! Last summer when it was 100 we went West to the Western part of NY and PA and it was still hot! Wrong direction huh? wink
Posted By: Chesapeake Bryan

Re: Keep Cool, Visit Lighthouses - 08/11/02 06:05 AM

Hello Jennie. Welcome to the forums!
Posted By: flacoastie

Re: Keep Cool, Visit Lighthouses - 08/11/02 06:40 AM

Welcome to the Forums. It's great to have you posting, but you should tell us something about yourself if you get a chance. We are all family here so don't be shy.

Rich cool
Posted By: Elmer

Re: Keep Cool, Visit Lighthouses - 08/11/02 04:23 PM

Hi Jeannie,

Yikes, don't tell them the truth about yourself eek Say HI to the Doc and welcome to the forums. smile It's a WACKO kind of group here and you should fit in real nicely! laugh

Congrats on your first post ..... it's about time!! :p

BTTB

Re: Keep Cool, Visit Lighthouses - 08/11/02 11:16 PM

Thank you, everyone, for such a nice, warm, and friendly welcome. That was very sweet.
Posted By: Jazzer

Re: Keep Cool, Visit Lighthouses - 08/12/02 01:56 AM

Welcome aboard Jeannie

Re: Keep Cool, Visit Lighthouses - 08/12/02 04:56 PM

Our Derby City Lights Club met yesterday. Many of us are going to NJ event. I can just hear the musical surf pounding the rocks, seagulls singing sweetly and a slight breeze dancing in the air. Now, I know everyone will be there too. Something about me: Doc & I moved to Louisville 15 years ago, due to his practice, now retired. We moved from my hometown, Ludington, Michigan, home of lovely lights. I hear you have a wascally wabbit onboard.........he is not normal...however, I am..... Keep on Blinking everyone, from Jeannie in Ky.
Posted By: Pat PalmerBall

Re: Keep Cool, Visit Lighthouses - 08/12/02 07:16 PM

wink Jeannie, I am so proud of you for taking the plunge into the wonderful forums. You will have a great time reading and posting your views and information. You keep blinking and we'll keep watching. smile

KYKEEPER - Pat laugh
Posted By: eastpoint

Re: Keep Cool, Visit Lighthouses - 08/12/02 09:04 PM

Jeannie

Glad to hear your club is coming to NJ for the challenge. Will look for you when the group gets to Eastpoint Since I will be working there that weekend. Welcome to the Forums.

Hank
Posted By: Kent Babb

Re: Keep Cool, Visit Lighthouses - 08/13/02 05:10 PM

Great idea, Jeannie! (and welcome!) As an added bonus, isn't this week the big meteor shower? How cool would that be to sit in the glow of your favorite lighthouse while the stars are falling all around you? Pure magic...
Posted By: RFoster

Re: Keep Cool, Visit Lighthouses - 08/14/02 05:14 AM

Welcome to the Forums Jeannie and thanks for cooling me down after a blistering day here in Groton, CT. Tomorrow promises to be more of the same. I look forward to reading your future posts Jeannie. As you know already, this place is filled with family, which you are now part of. Congratulations.

Ron
(CT Keeper)

Re: Keep Cool, Visit Lighthouses - 08/14/02 04:50 PM

Hello Everyone: It's so nice to be so-very-welcomed. It is hot and humid here in Louisville. All you need is a towel when you are outside and you have a bath...........And just thinking of the surf pounding on the rocks and distant fog horns with seagulls dancing in the air really cools you off......for a bit. Take care everyone. So good to hear from all of you. Your own Jeannie in Louisville.
Posted By: mombo

Re: Keep Cool, Visit Lighthouses - 08/14/02 05:49 PM

It's been wicked hot here too Jeannie! Hopefully starting tomorrow it will be a bit better. Been thinking about your suggestion a bit and thought of one place not to be at a lighthouse and that's the lantern room! Those are really hot places!
Posted By: RRohweder

Re: Keep Cool, Visit Lighthouses - 08/18/02 03:29 AM

Sorry Jeannie. I'm a little remiss in keeping up with the forums lately, but welcome and have fun. If you can't find relief anywhere else, feel free to come here. Lots of rain in the winter, but temps are never below freezing or above 75.
laugh
Rich

Re: Keep Cool, Visit Lighthouses - 09/11/02 06:29 PM

Hi, this is Jeannie in Louisville again, home of many lights.....ha. My Sweet Hubby, Richard, and I have recently returned from Myrtle Beach, S.C. We were able to visit Georgetown Light, amid all the raindrops. It rained everyday and night for the whole week. We collected shells in the shadow of Georgetown Light and still had loads of fun. It's still hot and very dry here, but we keep on blinking............
© 2024 Collector Forums